2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
The missed calls are out of control.

Toews Goal 3-1 Hawks.

Hawks win 3-1...............Take 1-0 series lead.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2014 -> 03:35 PM)
You can't review goaltender interference. Yet they did.

it wasn't goal tender interference as there was no penalty called

the reason this whole thing is fishy is because the original call was goal, and then overturned without consulting any replay footage

There's no way any of the refs saw it clearly enough to overturn it without using replay footage, which would be required to overturn the call on the ice which was goal

Fishy as f*ck

QUOTE (Real @ May 18, 2014 -> 05:01 PM)
it wasn't goal tender interference as there was no penalty called

the reason this whole thing is fishy is because the original call was goal, and then overturned without consulting any replay footage

There's no way any of the refs saw it clearly enough to overturn it without using replay footage, which would be required to overturn the call on the ice which was goal

Fishy as f*ck

Nothing is fishy about anything. OMG CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE HAWKS.

Ruled goal on the ice.

Refs huddle to review, as they can (and do frequently, not only goals, but penalties too), and should, determine the contact with Quick was there. No goal. LOL at "they can't see it clearly enough." In live speed, I thought it would be disallowed because I saw the Toews contact with Quick, it was pretty obvious. Back ref can easily see that with a better perspective, as the lead is looking for the puck.

The review was to see if it went in on the first shot, making the interference irrelevant, but that wasn't the case.

No goal stands.

There's no way in f*** that goal should count, it didn't, and everyone's b****ing. They got together to discuss and made the right call, which is what you want. Give it a rest already.

What's absolutely hilarious is if the exact same thing happened on Crawford, everyone would be going crazy. No one here would be saying "well it was a goal on the ice initially, so it's totally cool that it stands." It'd be "WHAT THE f*** HE KNOCKED INTO CRAWFORD'S HEAD HOW THE f*** CAN THAT COUNT"

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 18, 2014 -> 05:48 PM)
Nothing is fishy about anything. OMG CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE HAWKS.

Ruled goal on the ice.

Refs huddle to review, as they can (and do frequently, not only goals, but penalties too), and should, determine the contact with Quick was there. No goal. LOL at "they can't see it clearly enough." In live speed, I thought it would be disallowed because I saw the Toews contact with Quick, it was pretty obvious. Back ref can easily see that with a better perspective, as the lead is looking for the puck.

The review was to see if it went in on the first shot, making the interference irrelevant, but that wasn't the case.

No goal stands.

There's no way in f*** that goal should count, it didn't, and everyone's b****ing. They got together to discuss and made the right call, which is what you want. Give it a rest already.

What's absolutely hilarious is if the exact same thing happened on Crawford, everyone would be going crazy. No one here would be saying "well it was a goal on the ice initially, so it's totally cool that it stands." It'd be "WHAT THE f*** HE KNOCKED INTO CRAWFORD'S HEAD HOW THE f*** CAN THAT COUNT"

The problem is that is some NBA style officiating. They blew the initial call, so they did something they aren't allowed to do to balance it out. It is like in the NBA when they don't call the foul on a player going to the basket, but then when the offensive player knocks the ball out of bounds, they just let the offensive team keep the ball to balance it out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2014 -> 06:12 PM)
The problem is that is some NBA style officiating. They blew the initial call, so they did something they aren't allowed to do to balance it out. It is like in the NBA when they don't call the foul on a player going to the basket, but then when the offensive player knocks the ball out of bounds, they just let the offensive team keep the ball to balance it out.

They are allowed to conference. They got the call right.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 18, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
If there is ever someone to side with the refs/ump 99% of the time, whether it's hockey or baseball, regardless of the call, we know who it will be. I just wish I was able to jump on here during the game and call that.

What, exactly, is your point?

And 99%? LOL that's just false. Go look up last year's posts from Detroit series game 7.

But I call it like I see it, and provide plenty of reasoning, as opposed to your posts, which are all OMG IT WENT AGAINST MY TEAM KILL THE REFS THEY ARE WRONG.

I also don't go out of my way to b**** and moan about refs, even when I do disagree with them.

Edited by IlliniKrush

I love the occasional Oduya passing brilliance. The no look, clean pass to the tape of Toews was a thing of beauty.

The amazing thing about this team is when they get a great chance in a crucial moment they execute it. That is a rare feat in sports, not just Chicago sports.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
I love the occasional Oduya passing brilliance. The no look, clean pass to the tape of Toews was a thing of beauty.

The amazing thing about this team is when they get a great chance in a crucial moment they execute it. That is a rare feat in sports, not just Chicago sports.

Oduya hasn't been as noticeably awful this postseason. Not as many WHAT THE f*** WAS THAT defensive moments. They are still there, and we've caught a few, but not as much as a liability. And adding in offensively was great, I believe it was also his pass (fake shot too) on the Toews disallowed goal. Pass wasn't great as it was in the skates, but the vision was good.

But, LMAO at Sutter saying the Hawks have 4 #1 defensemen.

PS Brookpank over Rozsival, please.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2014 -> 06:12 PM)

In this case it wasn't some random, arbitrary "make-up" call later on like in the example above but getting together right away and making the correct call right after the play. I don't know the rules well enough to know if they were or weren't technically allowed to conference the way they did, but in the end the correct call got made. It's really hard to see that as a bad thing.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 19, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
But that clear from the crease was pretty pretty.

And his needless step up in the neutral zone that caused the first goal on a 2 on 1 wasn't pretty.

Brookbank has been much better when he's seen the ice.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
Wow, Carey Price is out for the entire ECF. Chris Kreider better skate with his head up tonight.

They'll be looking for him, but with it only a 1-0 series, I doubt anything gets out of hand, they are still in a series. If it gets to 3-0? Well, potential for ugliness.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
In this case it wasn't some random, arbitrary "make-up" call later on like in the example above but getting together right away and making the correct call right after the play. I don't know the rules well enough to know if they were or weren't technically allowed to conference the way they did, but in the end the correct call got made. It's really hard to see that as a bad thing.

They are allowed to conference, however I still think it was incidental contact and Toews made the right amount of effort to avoid contact.

In the end it didnt matter.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
They are allowed to conference, however I still think it was incidental contact and Toews made the right amount of effort to avoid contact.

In the end it didnt matter.

Effort/intent is actually irrelevant here. The fact is that Toews ran into him, moved him and the puck went by him, and wouldn't have gone by him without the contact. Correct call. Incidental contact can wave off a goal.