Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

Red Sox to be "aggressive" at the trading deadline: http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013...ardo-bud-norris

With Matt Garza off the market, the Red Sox are keeping an eye on Jake Peavy of the Chicago White Sox, Yovani Gallardo of the Milwaukee Brewers, Bud Norris of the Houston Astros and Kyle Lohse of the Brewers, according to The Boston Globe. Peavy is the team's preferred target if they make a deal because he is under contract through next season and has a history with pitching coach Juan Nieves.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
Agreed. Peavy makes so much sense to DBacks because now their falling back and they have the position prospects Sox want/need.

Not sure they fit given they don't have the payroll flexibility and would have a log jam of starters next year. They seem more in need of a rental.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
Webster, Gecchini, Brentz, and Vinicio way too much for Peavy and Lindstrom?

Not sure...I have my xbox glasses on today though...

Peavy, Rios, Reed, and Ramirez for Bogarts, Cechhini, Raunado, Brentz and Swihart.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
Cubs got 3 of the top 15 Rangers prospects for a rental in Garza. Peavy worth at least that much if not more. just keep that in mind. If the Sox don't get at least that, just keep him.

I don't see the Sox being able to get that, but maybe I'm wrong. Texas wanted to get someone and not wait back. Maybe two, three or four teams emerge in a bidding war and it allows the Sox to get as much or more. It would be a huge boom to our system. Of course the next step is developing them.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
I don't see the Sox being able to get that, but maybe I'm wrong. Texas wanted to get someone and not wait back. Maybe two, three or four teams emerge in a bidding war and it allows the Sox to get as much or more. It would be a huge boom to our system. Of course the next step is developing them.

I would hope the Sox could do better or something more tapered to our needs.. The more I look at this, I don't see much on the Cubs end. ONe former top prospect who looks like he may be a bust (but he may not be), a #5 starter with a #4 ceiling (something the Sox don't need) , an interesting A ball pitcher, and then a couple of more likely A ball pitchers. That's really not what the Sox need.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
I would hope the Sox could do better or something more tapered to our needs.. The more I look at this, I don't see much on the Cubs end. ONe former top prospect who looks like he may be a bust (but he may not be), a #5 starter with a #4 ceiling (something the Sox don't need) , an interesting A ball pitcher, and then a couple of more likely A ball pitchers. That's really not what the Sox need.

OK, guys, we have news or at least a rumor of news.

On a Cardinals board (associated with the Post Dispatch), someone just posted that the WS want Adams, Freese, and Joe Kelly for Ramirez and Peavy. Supposedly, this was just mentioned on a Chicago sports talk radio station. The hang-up apparently is Freese, who the Cardinals don't want to trade. Take it for what it's worth.

P.S. Supposedly, it is a FOX affiliated station.

Edited by mike65

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)

On a Cardinals board (associated with the Post Dispatch), someone just posted that the WS want Adams, Freese, and Joe Kelly for Ramirez and Peavy. Supposedly, this was just mentioned on a Chicago sports talk radio station. The hang-up apparently is Freese, who the Cardinals don't want to trade. Take it for what it's worth.

Interesting...if that is true, it shows that we really aren't looking at a long rebuilding process here

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
Interesting...if that is true, it shows that we really aren't looking at a long rebuilding process here

It also appears to show that my Cardinals are willing to trade Adams, which I thought was not going to happen.

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 05:40 PM)

I would LOVE that trade for the Sox, but I can understand Freese being the hang up from a Cardinals standpoint because thats a lot of f***ing around you have to do with your lineup when they seem to have gelled pretty well thus far into the season. I would be ok with Freese being dropped from the deal and Wong and maybe another minor leaguer being added, maybe Valera or Piscotty.

All I have to say, if this is true, don't let Freese be the hang up of the deal. Getting Adams in a White Sox uniform should be the main goal, as he is the impact bat this team needs. If that did happen, one of Konerko or Dunn would soon have to be dealt.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:50 PM)
I would LOVE that trade for the Sox, but I can understand Freese being the hang up from a Cardinals standpoint because thats a lot of f***ing around you have to do with your lineup when they seem to have gelled pretty well thus far into the season. I would be ok with Freese being dropped from the deal and Wong and maybe another minor leaguer being added, maybe Valera or Piscotty.

All I have to say, if this is true, don't let Freese be the hang up of the deal. Getting Adams in a White Sox uniform should be the main goal, as he is the impact bat this team needs. If that did happen, one of Konerko or Dunn would soon have to be dealt.

Konerko is on his last legs anyways

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 05:40 PM)

If Adams and Freese are gone, who plays third?