Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 02:44 AM)
My feelings for peavy were far different than most sox fans. I'm fairly happy to get some decent value for him

Yep, and we don't have to worry about him getting hurt the rest of the year only to have a shot to trade him in the offseason.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 09:40 PM)
Figures since we haven't heard from you in a few days :P. Do you know if BoSox bit or Hahn came down?

That's something I'll hear about later I'm sure. All I've heard is Rick has been very firm on returns.

Pre Season #12 for Boston prospects here is a scouting rport: (the Of in the Throton trade is #13 btw)

12) Jose Iglesias, SS, Grade C+: His glove is excellent but his bat is so bad that it may be tough to keep him in the lineup anyway. If they are lucky he can be the Cuban Adam Everett and hold a job with positive WAR even with poor hitting. If they aren't lucky, keep in mind that Rey Ordonez had a great glove but couldn't hold the job anyway. This is baseball. Weird s*** happens sometimes. He hit .202/.262/.319 in 33 games for Pawtucket, which is horrendous, then comes up to the majors and hits .343/.391/.428 in 201 at-bats. Yeah, driven by an unsustainable BABIP. I'll be very surprised if he's hitting anything close to this by the time he gets to 600 plate appearances.