Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 12:49 PM)
The guy mentioned they discussed Peavy and Ramirez. But if Kaplan is saying Rios is close, maybe it's all three.

But I can't see the Pirates being that bold.

I can't see JR signing off on the type of money that would need to go in that deal.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:49 AM)
The guy mentioned they discussed Peavy and Ramirez. But if Kaplan is saying Rios is close, maybe it's all three.

But I can't see the Pirates being that bold.

Ahh, I see...stuck in an all day meeting...trying to follow on my phone

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
Taillon, Dickerson + is a nice haul for peavy and alexei. Let's hope cards now bite on wacha, Martinez, Adams and Wong for same 2.

I saw a chat on baseball prospectus from yesterday where Dickerson was viewed as a AAAA player

The Pirates are oh so close to be the best team in the NL.

I believe they have Wandy on his way back.

Having the options of:

Jake Peavy

Francisco Liriano....Having an UNBELIEVABLE season

AJ Burnett

Jeff Locke....Having an UNBELIEVABLE season

Gerrit Cole

Charlie Morton

& Wandy Rodriguez

To go with that bullpen of theirs?...WOAH.

If Hahn really is discussing Peavy and Alexei witht the Pirates he is playing this perfectly to get the Cards to bite on those two.. and then he can come back to the Pirates and say well the Cards just greatly improved there club, you guys sure could use Alex Rios now couldnt you.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 12:58 PM)
If Hahn really is discussing Peavy and Alexei witht the Pirates he is playing this perfectly to get the Cards to bite on those two.. and then he can come back to the Pirates and say well the Cards just greatly improved there club, you guys sure could use Alex Rios now couldnt you.

Hahn the manipulator. I love it. Playing his cards well.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
Rosenthal says to not rule out Dbacks on Peavy. Keep in mind Rosenthal has always been all over the White Sox when it comes to trades

Ken has been all over the place on Peavy the past few days. Either things are changing by the hour, or it's just a bunch of smoke out there and he's getting some bad info.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:08 PM)
Ken has been all over the place on Peavy the past few days. Either things are changing by the hour, or it's just a bunch of smoke out there and he's getting some bad info.

very true. either way there has to be a roster move within the next 4 hours to make room for Reinzo. whether it is sending down someone like Trancoso or a trade

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
Rosenthal says to not rule out Dbacks on Peavy. Keep in mind Rosenthal has always been all over the White Sox when it comes to trades

Love it! Two divisional rivals, Boston and now Arizona. Keep it up Hahn!

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
very true. either way there has to be a roster move within the next 4 hours to make room for Reinzo. whether it is sending down someone like Trancoso or a trade

Interesting. What's the rule on that; before first pitch?

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:20 PM)
Knobbler, Heyman, Rosenthal all mentioning Dbacks back interested in Peavy

I could see them interested in Peavy, but Kubel going to the Sox? That's not the direction the Sox should be going. Everyone new should be under 25.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:22 PM)
If we're taking Kubel back it better be as a salary dump for AZ. I want value not 31 year old fat dudes.

I'd be happy to have him as a salary dump, but not as a value piece

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:15 PM)
Interesting. What's the rule on that; before first pitch?

Can't they just officially keep him in Charlotte and stash him in a Cleveland hotel room? Does it matter where the player is geographically? It's really a mute point, somebody (Peavy,Lindstrom etc) is going to go today or tomorrow but still.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)

He's floated that a million times this year it seems. Kubel is 31 and has 5 homers this year in 70 games. He had 30 last year in 141 games. Either way, why would you trade Peavy for a going on 32 year old outfielder? This team needs young, cost controlled players.