Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
I am not sure what the fascination with Holmberg is around here. Is it because he was a former Sox farmhand? People like names they know I guess. His 6.2 K/9 in AA doesn't really excite me.

For the record: I'm not a fan of Holmberg's but I definitely feel he would be included in a Peavy trade because that's just the way the Sox work, dammit.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
A couple days ago a Yankee fan had them giving up Phil Hughes and Joba for Sale. I think that is my favorite one thus far

I had somebody tell me they wouldnt trade for Sale because of his win loss record....he was dead serious

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
I am not sure what the fascination with Holmberg is around here. Is it because he was a former Sox farmhand? People like names they know I guess. His 6.2 K/9 in AA doesn't really excite me.

agree

Low Ceiling

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
Would a package of Kennedy, Kubel, Davidson, Owings, and Holmberg be too much for Peavy and Lindstrom or just Peavy?

AZ would never do that. I would be ecstatic if we got Davidson, Owens and Holmberg. Makes no sense to acquire older players.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
A couple days ago a Yankee fan had them giving up Phil Hughes and Joba for Sale. I think that is my favorite one thus far

That does make some sense, Peavy after all, is coming off a season in which he won the NL triple crown.

Oh s***, is it not 2008?

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:40 PM)
AZ would never do that. I would be ecstatic if we got Davidson, Owens and Holmberg. Makes no sense to acquire older players.

AZ has to shed salary, dumping Kubel and Kennedy would let them take on the money owed Jake, it also gives the Sox some replacement players to keep the spots of who gets dealt. Olney is suggest Skaggs as an option now as well. Would love some combo of Skaggs and Owings or Davidson. All three could step in the lineup tomorrow.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:46 PM)
A's are back in on Peavy according to Slusser.

I don't understand how A's could pull this off unless they could find a team to take on money for them and uh, good luck with that.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
It's hard to gauge the value of Kennedy and Kubel. Kennedy isn't a free agent until '16 so he might be more valuable than we think. At the same time he's going into arbitration years.

Kubel is a FA...and Kennedy only makes $4.2M and is arb eligible this winter for two years (and he's not gonna get a very big jump with the year he's having ). It'd be silly not to take him if the Dbacks wanted to throw him in IMO...