Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
Just talked to my source, he confirmed that the Sox are engaged in talks with multiple teams about several players, Sox would receive minor leaguers and/or young major leaguers in return, money could also be involved. Deal could be announced in the next half hour or some time tomorrow.

Heard it here first.

We all know that's bulls*** if you don't reveal your source.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
This has me so excited. I hope it happens soon or I won't be able to sleep or work. I understand if your source can't give you the info, but did they give you any names?

They are names of people who are baseball players, I'm sure.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
This has me so excited. I hope it happens soon or I won't be able to sleep or work. I understand if your source can't give you the info, but did they give you any names?

Can't give specifics, too many moving parts. I can say that they Sox are looking for young pitching or hitting, possibly both. Also, a few of the names being discussed are players you've heard of before or maybe not, depends.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Can't give specifics, too many moving parts. I can say that they Sox are looking for young pitching or hitting, possibly both. Also, a few of the names being discussed are players you've heard of before or maybe not, depends.

Can you confirm the players coming back to the Sox are indeed, baseball players and not some other variety?? Anxiously awaiting your response

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)

Ooh I think I know who it is then!

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:23 PM)
I think Arizona is the destination. Heres to hoping Owings and Davidson are heading our way

We've heard the Sox have scouted Delgado and Olney mentioned Skaggs today, but not sure if he was just speculating on that, so you would think a young MLB ready SP would be coming back. After that, not sure they will people able to pull off one of those two, let alone both.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
101 ESPN just said STL is out on Peavy.

I won't believe until I see it from an unconfirmed twitter account with less then 50 followers who hasn't tweeted since December.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)
Can you confirm the players coming back to the Sox are indeed, baseball players and not some other variety?? Anxiously awaiting your response

They are in fact athletes of some nature, possibly of the professional variety. I can confirm that at least 1 of the names being discussed has multiple limbs and is ambulatory.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:23 PM)
I think Arizona is the destination. Heres to hoping Owings and Davidson are heading our way

I'd be ok if they wanted to sell low on Kubel and Kennedy (if that was what it took to get a nice haul of prospects). I don't think that will be the case, but i'd be fine with it. Would also make it much easier to move Dunn.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)

I see. It's probably really fluid, different names being discussed. I just hope they get rid of Peavy, Rios, Dunn, Ramirez, Flowers, De Aza, Viciedo,Dunn,Beckham, Gillaspie, Keppinger,Danks,Lindstrom,Jones, Reed, Axelrod, Tekotte, Wells, Konerko, Troncoso, Purcey, Veal.

It doesn't matter what they get back. If Hahn can't get rid of them, and if JR screws this up by not sending teams almost their entire salary....FAIL.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
I'm surprised Atlanta hasn't checked back in. Beachy was awful last night. Maybe they think they have their division locked up and their top 3 are good enough.

It was his first start back and Maholm is coming back soon. Would be a overreaction to bench him at this point, considering the haul Hahn wants for Peavy.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620 7m Again hearing its extremely unlikely the Dbacks will trade for Jake Peavy.

not sure how reliable this guy is but he does have 13.4K followers on twitter

Until the deal is done, I would imagine not many are reliable.