7/21 games

maxjusttyped

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
That seems like all he does, in a good way. What are some scouting reports on his pitches? Monster fastball?

The most optimistic thing I've read is "can reach mid-90s" though it was speculated he (like anyone else) might gain some velo in a relief role.

He's now at 3.2 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 8 K

Anyone have any idea why Ayala was pulled in the Bristol game? Was it an injury when he flew out in the 2nd?

The Bristol White Sox are playing in Bluefield, West Virginia and Kanny is over in Charleston, WV, as they play the West Virginia Power. Possible call-up? I dunno, I'm just throwing possibilities out there. If that is the case, then I don't know why they would only give him one at-bat, as it's not like Kanny or Bristol is leaving West Virginia today.

Bristol did have some players who swung the bat well today...

Toby Thomas was 2-for-4 with a triple, 2 runs, and 1 RBI.

Patrick Palmeiro was 2-for-4 with a double, a home run, 1 run, and 2 RBI.

6 runners successfully stole bases against Angel Rosario.

Edited by jthunder93

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 06:39 PM)
Hawkins 1/3 with HR #17. Only 1 K on the day.

Decent day...still think they should send him down to Kanny for some more development. I don't think this challenge is helping much...his batting average is still just .192. In fact, the only player on Winston-Salem who had a worse batting average was Bill Rice, who was released in late April/early May.

Edited by jthunder93

QUOTE (jthunder93 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 03:50 PM)
Anyone have any idea why Ayala was pulled in the Bristol game? Was it an injury when he flew out in the 2nd?

The Bristol White Sox are playing in Bluefield, West Virginia and Kanny is over in Charleston, WV, as they play the West Virginia Power. Possible call-up? I dunno, I'm just throwing possibilities out there. If that is the case, then I don't know why they would only give him one at-bat, as it's not like Kanny or Bristol is leaving West Virginia today.

Bristol did have some players who swung the bat well today...

Toby Thomas was 2-for-4 with a triple, 2 runs, and 1 RBI.

Patrick Palmeiro was 2-for-4 with a double, a home run, 1 run, and 2 RBI.

6 runners successfully stole bases against Angel Rosario.

Are you related to Ayala or something?

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 07:17 AM)
After striking out 8 in 3.2 IP, does Brad Goldberg deserve a call-up? or prospect status? Yes I know he is 23 but he was just drafted and could move quickly

I think he should probably move up to W-S at some point this season. He's already 23, so you'd like to push him a little bit.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 08:15 AM)
I think he should probably move up to W-S at some point this season. He's already 23, so you'd like to push him a little bit.

Agreed. He should be pushed, and besides these numbers pretty much warrant it. The encouraging thing is his college numbers were nowhere near this. Maybe the Sox were able to tinker with something simple and it clicked for him.