Hillary

greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
Don't the democrats have anybody else to succeed Obama? The Republicans have so little to offer that Howie Mandel could beat their candidate. It's amazing how Obama is considered weak and very very ineffective, yet if he could run again, he'd win in a landslide again. Our country is all about perception and once you get Hollywood quacking and the media machine backing somebody like Obama it's all over.

I can't believe the democrats want an aging unvibrant person like Hillary. Why is it her destiny to complete the husband/wife combo with both getting 16 years total as president? If she is all our country has to offer, my gosh.

you didnt answer the question of why she's dangerous again.

also... we've had two bushes, why not two clintons?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 12:34 AM)
you didnt answer the question of why she's dangerous again.

also... we've had two bushes, why not two clintons?

I could be way off base, but she strikes me as diabolical. I just get the gut feeling her marriage with Bill is a sham and she wants to be president to one-up him. If she is Ms. Patriotism and a great lover of the office of president, then shame on me. I tend to believe those reports that she is a huge b****. Hence my feeling that she is dangerous. I know all presidential candidates have big egos probably and want to be in the history books. I just sense Hillary is a cocky SOB who treats the "commoners" poorly and I don't want her to be president. I also don't like her speeches.

I do however LOVE BILL CLINTON.

I do realize I could be mistaken, but right or wrong, that is what's going through my brain when I think of Hillary Clinton.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
That will work against Hillary exactly as well as running around yelling that Obama is a n-word would have worked in the last 2 elections.

You mean like this?

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/75301-r...nts-immediately

The only ones doing that were people who heard 'code words' in every criticism. You could have said "I think he sucks at his job' and some media somewhere would claim that was racist.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 06:33 PM)
You mean like this?

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/75301-r...nts-immediately

The only ones doing that were people who heard 'code words' in every criticism. You could have said "I think he sucks at his job' and some media somewhere would claim that was racist.

Alpha Dog runs and hides under a blanket from all those scary facts

Seriously to Reddy and others list 5 reasons Hillary should be our next president. And if she wins she will be president the next 8 years (unless she only wants four). Bank on that. My reasons she should not be prez. ...

-- She is not charismatic. Presidents are charismatic.

-- She, arguably, is difficult to be around. I would think we'd hear more about this in the next 3 years if it is true. I don't want an elitist who is rude to "commoners" in the White House.

-- Her reasons for running. I think they can be questioned. Is she out to one-up Bill by becoming the first woman to win the Presidency? Is she motivated solely by the history books?

-- Why did she resign her post as Sec? Did she personally get all she wanted out of it? Laziness? Is she so rich she doesn't need the hassles? Hmmmm.

Well, those are my reasons. What are your reasons she SHOULD be our first female president??

And I would like to reiterate I LOVE BILL CLINTON, just not Hilly and Chelsea.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
H. Christ, you're randomly throwing in that you don't like a 30-some year old woman who grew up in the public eye by no choice of her own?

I know I'm probably over-using the B topic here when I'm not 100 percent sure, but I've read some wild stuff about Chelsea and how she's not so nice. Again, I guess there's a chance these writers are portraying Hilly and Chelsea incorrectly.

Greg, I don't find your qualms very compelling. These are concerns about every politician, to some extent. "We don't really know them" "What are they like in real life" "What are their motivations for seeking a high-powered office"

Focus on political issues that you care about and how she is likely to address them

OK, George Will has done a nice job of saying what I feel regarding Hilly Clinton: Please read it.

I really like these paragraphs. George Will pretty much agrees with greg which makes me feel like my windbagishness on this topic is SPOT ON.

"Hillary Clinton comes among us trailing clouds of incense, so some acolytes will call it ill-mannered, even misogynistic, to ask: What exactly is it about the condition of the world, and about America’s relations with other nations, that recommends the former secretary of state for an even more elevated office? Granted, neither she nor any other U.S. official can be blamed for the world’s blemishes. To think otherwise is to embrace what Greg Weiner, an Assumption College political scientist, calls “narcissistic polity disorder.” It is the belief that everything everywhere is about us. Today, it is the delusion that, although events in Egypt and Syria look like violent clashes between Egyptians and Syrians concerning what those countries should be, the events really are mostly about what America has or has not done.

That said, however, this also should be said: Clinton’s accomplishments are not less impressive than those of many who have sought, and some who have won, the presidency. But the disproportion between the thinness of her record and the ardor of her advocates suggests that her gender is much of her significance."

http://www.southernminn.com/owatonna_peopl...3256e43036.html

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
OK, George Will has done a nice job of saying what I feel regarding Hilly Clinton: Please read it.

I really like these paragraphs. George Will pretty much agrees with greg which makes me feel like my windbagishness on this topic is SPOT ON.

"Hillary Clinton comes among us trailing clouds of incense, so some acolytes will call it ill-mannered, even misogynistic, to ask: What exactly is it about the condition of the world, and about America’s relations with other nations, that recommends the former secretary of state for an even more elevated office? Granted, neither she nor any other U.S. official can be blamed for the world’s blemishes. To think otherwise is to embrace what Greg Weiner, an Assumption College political scientist, calls “narcissistic polity disorder.” It is the belief that everything everywhere is about us. Today, it is the delusion that, although events in Egypt and Syria look like violent clashes between Egyptians and Syrians concerning what those countries should be, the events really are mostly about what America has or has not done.

That said, however, this also should be said: Clinton’s accomplishments are not less impressive than those of many who have sought, and some who have won, the presidency. But the disproportion between the thinness of her record and the ardor of her advocates suggests that her gender is much of her significance."

http://www.southernminn.com/owatonna_peopl...3256e43036.html

did greg just refer to himself in the third person?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 27, 2013 -> 02:44 PM)
It's not the language, it's the total lack of respect for the people around her, the agents trying to do their job and protect her and so on. The disdain for people beneath her is just wrong. I bet she is a lousy tipper as well.

s*** just got serious :angry:

• 1 month later...

I'm getting more and more worried about Hillary being our next two term president. How worried should I be, guys? You people on this board are very smart. Give me a percentage that Hillary is our next president for a full 8 years.

For the life of me, I don't see how the U.S. voting public, who vote on superficialities more than anything else, can vote for Hilly, who quite frankly is the opposite of Obama in terms of how she comes across on TV.

We all know how one projects himself/herself and one's physical attractiveness on TV is HUGE in any election, vital in a presidential election. No offense to Hillary, but she is 1/10 of Obama in this category. She's just not likeable.

Should I keep worrying about Hillary being a lock? Or do I have hope it'll be somebody else?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 05:18 PM)
I'm getting more and more worried about Hillary being our next two term president. How worried should I be, guys? Is she STILL the liberal media's choice to replace Obama? You people on this board are very smart. Give me a percentage that Hillary is our next president for a full 8 years.

For the life of me, I don't see how the U.S. voting public, who vote on superficialities more than anything else, can vote for Hilly, who quite frankly is the opposite of Obama in terms of how she comes across on TV.

We all know how one projects himself/herself and one's physical attractiveness on TV is HUGE in any election, vital in a presidential election. No offense to Hillary, but she is 1/10 of Obama in this category. She's just not likeable.

Should I keep worrying about Hillary being a lock? Or do I have hope it'll be somebody else?

When did the media become Liberal?