Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 10:15 PM)
You gonna try to pick up McGahee or anything? Not sure what to do about Wilson, definitely gonna bench him next week though.

Well I have a tight end I think I can safely drop now in Sudfeld. I'll see what the Giants do, but it might be Da'Rel Scott. But no, he's going to sit next week and put up 35 points while Lacy's my RB2 and Boldin at flex, and they'll combine for 18 points or something stupid.

And with that catch from Johnson I lost to Chili....I had his/your "I'm killin it" post in my back pocket waiting to brag after McCoys big game...With the R. White injury though I had no shot.

HA! right as im typing they say it was incomplete....No chance he doesn't get >4 yards the rest of the game though.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 12:02 AM)
And with that catch from Johnson I lost to Chili....I had his/your "I'm killin it" post in my back pocket waiting to brag after McCoys big game...With the R. White injury though I had no shot.

HA! right as im typing they say it was incomplete....No chance he doesn't get >4 yards the rest of the game though.

Holy s***, I just noticed that! I didn't watch the Eagles game, I had no idea that McCoy scored you 27 pts.

Well, here is hoping Andre Johnson makes another catch or two, and doesn't fumble anything!

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 11:50 PM)
Any small grey zone where you could have a win/win or a lose/lose? I've had the lose/lose before, sucks big time!

I had one of those tonight with RG3. I needed him to score less than 14 points in one league to win and needed him to score over 31 points in another to win. He finished with 28 in one league and 24 in the other.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Austin will get better every week. Givens targets will go down going forward.

Believe what you want. Hard to go down from 3 targets and tough to draw a more difficult cover than Peterson. I don't understand why so many people are all over the Tavon Austin kool-aid. He went in the 4th round in one of my leagues.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 12:37 AM)
I had one of those tonight with RG3. I needed him to score less than 14 points in one league to win and needed him to score over 31 points in another to win. He finished with 28 in one league and 24 in the other.

Jesus I don't think you could have had a worse week

So Im in a 14 team league that has no waiver rules, the guys I picked up last week are as follows:

Lance Dunbar Dallas RB

Rod Streater Oakland WR

Eddie Royal SD WR

Ronnie Brown SD RB

The only guy I dropped who I have any second thoughts about is Terrance Williams WR Cowboys, but he had less targets than Streater/Royal and is 3wr depth where as they are wr2.

I think Ronnie Brown is a sneaky grab right now, he had 25 snaps which lead all Chargers RBs.

So if anyone is in a really deep league those are some names to look for. I did not grab any of the Steeler/Giants RB trash because its to speculative and there were guys producing right now available.

Also if Harvin is available in your league may want to stash and grab.

Terrel Pryor gonna be worth a roster spot? Remember I'm rockin the "awful" Cutler/Dalton tandem at QB. Thinking I might add Pryor (Dropping Redman with Bell already on my roster) and let it play out till I'm forced to make a move. Neither Cutler nor Dalton gave me any reason to cut either for Pryor.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)
Terrel Pryor gonna be worth a roster spot? Remember I'm rockin the "awful" Cutler/Dalton tandem at QB. Thinking I might add Pryor (Dropping Redman with Bell already on my roster) and let it play out till I'm forced to make a move. Neither Cutler nor Dalton gave me any reason to cut either for Pryor.

Yes. He should probably start over those two

Anyone in leagues where you get a budget to spend on FA's instead of a waiver wire? Its newer to me and Im not sure how much to bid on a player. Im in a league where I absolutely NEED to get Joique Bell, we get 2500 to use on bids. What is a safe number that should guarantee I get him? Its a 12 team league and my RB2 is Ivory so if I dont get him I will probably be in trouble. I currently have a bid of 805 but I dont know if thats way too high, way too low or just about right.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
Anyone in leagues where you get a budget to spend on FA's instead of a waiver wire? Its newer to me and Im not sure how much to bid on a player. Im in a league where I absolutely NEED to get Joique Bell, we get 2500 to use on bids. What is a safe number that should guarantee I get him? Its a 12 team league and my RB2 is Ivory so if I dont get him I will probably be in trouble. I currently have a bid of 805 but I dont know if thats way too high, way too low or just about right.

Seems too high, but if you absolutely 100% need him, then bid what you think will get him. Just be aware that you're only left with like 1700 then for the rest of the year.

Badger, I was going to claim Brown, but Julius Thomas and Julian Edelman were available in my league. I have claims in on them for #1 and #2. If I get both, I think I'll live without Ronnie Brown. And, as far as I'm aware, I'm guaranteed to get one of them.