Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 09:21 PM)
Told guys to stay away from Ridley and any NE RB as they get benched quite often and are fool's gold. No one listened. Also 2nd year QB's usually take a step back so unless you play in a 2QB league, there are better options out there. Roddy White almost didn't play today, someone should've done their homework there.

But he was listed as active. No one is gonna bench your number 1 WR, which White is on about every team, for some scrub on the bench. But yeah he didnt work out

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
Told guys to stay away from Ridley and any NE RB as they get benched quite often and are fool's gold. No one listened. Also 2nd year QB's usually take a step back so unless you play in a 2QB league, there are better options out there. Roddy White almost didn't play today, someone should've done their homework there.

Examples? I'm seriously struggling to think of a legitimately talented 2nd year QB that suffered a major drop-off in fantasy production in recent history. Wilson played fine, just didn't get touchdowns.

As for White, I obviously knew he wasn't 100%, but finding three other legit options is another issue (especially since I generally waited a while before getting my WR2 and WR3).

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)

Stay away from any NE RB? May want to go check Vereen's line.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)
Well, I guess I should trade Stevan Ridley asap now. Fumbles, gets benched, and then Vreen goes 100+ yards. Glad my 2nd RD pick has just become fodder......s***.

Tell me about it, luckily I also drafted Vereen so I will still be fine.. Im hoping this isnt the end of Ridley

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 06:29 PM)
Tell me about it, luckily I also drafted Vereen so I will still be fine.. Im hoping this isnt the end of Ridley

My opponent started Vreen, and he scored him 15 pts. s***. Luckily for me, Reggie Wayne had a nice game, Aaron Rodgers is doing work for me, and I still have Witten and Murray left to play tonight, down by 19 right now.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 05:55 PM)
My opponent started Vreen, and he scored him 15 pts. s***. Luckily for me, Reggie Wayne had a nice game, Aaron Rodgers is doing work for me, and I still have Witten and Murray left to play tonight, down by 19 right now.

After the year he had last season, I am going to be quite depressed if Ridley is phased out of the offense.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
Examples? I'm seriously struggling to think of a legitimately talented 2nd year QB that suffered a major drop-off in fantasy production in recent history. Wilson played fine, just didn't get touchdowns.

As for White, I obviously knew he wasn't 100%, but finding three other legit options is another issue (especially since I generally waited a while before getting my WR2 and WR3).

Cam Newton last year struggled hard until towards the end of the year when he actually put on a superman cape. Andy Dalton also struggled a little last year. And Ponder did as well after getting off to a hot start.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 04:35 PM)
Stay away from any NE RB? May want to go check Vereen's line.

I know what his line is. What I'm saying is that Bill Bel has a quick trigger when it comes to benching his RBs. Vereen could go ahead and have a fumble or dropped pass next week early in the game, then all of a sudden Ridley is back on the charts. In the end, there's no way to predict what Belicheck will do game to game. That's my point. You don't target players who play under those systems.

My awful team that was discussed here managed to get by despite getting a grand total of 1.6 points between my WR2 James Jones(0) and flex2 Isaac Redmond(1.6)...Ironically I made the right choice between Redmond vs Sudfeld(0) though....Can't wait to see Josh Gordon and Le'Veon Bell make their debuts.

I didn't really get an answer to my "awful" QB situation though. Both Jay and Dalton looked good today.

Edited by scs787

I'm down 11 with the rest of this Cowboys game (Romo) and LeSean McCoy and Andre Johnson going tomorrow.

He's got nothing more going.

I feel cautiously optimistic.

PS this is my first Fantasy Football team eva! so cute i know.

Edited by Reddy