Fantasy football advice thread

Oh man, just checked my Soxtalk fantasy team. I'm killing it right now. Only person who has more than my 140 pts is the guy who had Peyton Manning and D. Thomas in that Denver game.

On that team I got Kaepernick, Adrian Peterson, Jason Witten, Reggie Wayne, and even Greg Zuerlein who led all kickers in pts so far.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 09:56 PM)
I know what his line is. What I'm saying is that Bill Bel has a quick trigger when it comes to benching his RBs. Vereen could go ahead and have a fumble or dropped pass next week early in the game, then all of a sudden Ridley is back on the charts. In the end, there's no way to predict what Belicheck will do game to game. That's my point. You don't target players who play under those systems.

Hmm, except for last year when Ridley was like a top 10 back? Sure worked under that system.

Also, where most people drafted Vereen, he was a great value pick, not a ton of risk involved.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
Boldin's going to be a top 3 WR this year when it's all said and done. He has the consistency to win you a fantasy chip, and now he has a dual threat QB and no other WR options on the team.

Yeah, no.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Cam Newton last year struggled hard until towards the end of the year when he actually put on a superman cape. Andy Dalton also struggled a little last year. And Ponder did as well after getting off to a hot start.

I'm quite underwhelmed by those examples. Andy Dalton had 7 more TD's, almost 200 more yards and improved his passer rating by 7 points from his rookie year. Cam's yardage numbers were basically identical and he had 5 fewer picks, though his TD's did go down (mostly on the ground). Christian Ponder, who cares? He shouldn't be on a roster unless it's a 2-QB league.

If anything, QB's that are fantasy-starter material seem to either hold steady or decrease their mistakes in their second year. I don't really see a noticeable trend though (unless you consider s***ty players continuing to be s***ty a trend).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 10:15 PM)
Oh man, just checked my Soxtalk fantasy team. I'm killing it right now. Only person who has more than my 140 pts is the guy who had Peyton Manning and D. Thomas in that Denver game.

On that team I got Kaepernick, Adrian Peterson, Jason Witten, Reggie Wayne, and even Greg Zuerlein who led all kickers in pts so far.

That's me you're facing....If Roddy White was healthy the story might be different....I should get ~130pts which should give me the most amongst the losers and would have beaten most of the league.. :angry:

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
That's me you're facing....If Roddy White was healthy the story might be different....I should get ~130pts which should give me the most amongst the losers and would have beaten most of the league.. :angry:

True, but I also have Andre Johnson going tomorrow too. Either way, that's the downside of H2H play vs. points, sucks, but it tends to keep you in the competition longer.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
True, but I also have Andre Johnson going tomorrow too. Either way, that's the downside of H2H play vs. points, sucks, but it tends to keep you in the competition longer.

I also have McCoy going tomorrow. Way I see it if White was healthy both he and Matt Ryan could have gotten me ~15 more points(combined) and then I'd just have to get 5.6 more points in the McCoy vs Johnson battle which is completely possible....Oh well though, I'll take the loss, nothing I can do about injuries or the Packers s***ty secondary lol

Well shoot, Fell asleep in the 3rd last night, in control. Wake up and see Eli and Witten went off. Down 2 heading to tonight.

I have Alfred Morris, he has McCoy.

Even if I lose, I'm not discouraged. If I played anyone else, I wouldve won this week and will be just fine the rest of the way, I believe.

Sudfeld and Wilson killed me too (while Boldin and his 39 sat on my bench), and I still have a chance, albeit a very small one. I am down 90-59, he has Alfred Morris and I have Vick and Garcon. I basically need 45 combined from them and then I have to hope that Morris doesn't go for more than 80 and a touch