GT 8/22: Spoiler Alert, the Finale: SWEEP!

LittleHurt05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost positive I saw this exact same game last year at Kauffman also. I remember a 12, 13 inning game I went to that we won. Royals had so many chances to put the Sox away, but failed.

This was a great game. Club level seats. Q pitched a great game, had the one rough inning. Not a lot of hitting. Was hoping to see Konerko play since I may never see him in a Sox jersey again. Shocked that Gillaspie hit that one out. Totally shocked.

That lefty reliever we brought in got lucky that Hosmer popped up the first pitch. Two on no out. Royals fans very upset he didn't bunt.

One complaint: Was very surprised Viciedo was batting ahead of Garcia in the lineup. Disappointing. Just cause of Dayan's homer the day before, I guess.

Baseball as a sport is a joke, though. Nobody at games buys anything cause prices are too expensive. Check that, you buy something when you are starving or need liquid.

So I get free tix in 40 dollar seats. Cost 0.

Parking: 10 dollars (ridiculous, the cost of a movie to park your car).

Food: Needed a burger so badly when I got there so got burger, fries, soda for 16 bucks. Burger was horrible, but edible, fries were grotesque.

Very hungry during game later, but resisted. Bought one water for 4.50.

So it cost me 30.50 to go to the game for a bare bones lousy burger, fries, drink and a water. f***ing hilarious. So if I didn't go with friends and took one person with me and had to buy two tickets, and bought a reasonable amount of food/drink one f***ing KC-Chicago baseball game would have cost me over 200 dollars. That is ridiculous. It just is. This is baseball. Two bad teams for 200 dollars? Cmon.

Baseball is a total joke. 13,000 fans or so at the game. Nobody eating or drinking anything cause it's so f***ing expensive.

And I am not poor. I just refuse to play baseball's game (unless I NEED the food/drink to not pass out; it was hot at the game).

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 08:14 AM)
So two $40 tickets, still $10 for parking is only $90. So you think you and your friend should eat more than a $110 worth of food. Lol. Go to a f***ing McDonalds pre/post. Easy game.

Let's just count going alone. 40 dollar ticket; 10 parking, that's 50.

I get the burger meal before the game like I did, 16. I got a water. 4.50.

I wanted to buy a cheese jumbo dog late in game, but didn't out of protest. That woulda been 7.50.

I wanted 2 beers and got none. That woulda been 18.

I wanted to buy a Sox cap. That woulda been 25 bucks.

So it shoulda cost me 121 bucks to go to a Sox-Royals game. Do all of you have that kind of money to throw around and attend 10 games a summer? Good for you if you think it's worth it to go spend 100 bucks or more for a fricking baseball game. There were only 13,000 people there the last 2 nights. So obviously some people don't think it's worth it.

Let's just count going alone. 40 dollar ticket; 10 parking, that's 50.

I get the burger meal before the game like I did, 16. I got a water. 4.50.

I wanted to buy a cheese jumbo dog late in game, but didn't out of protest. That woulda been 7.50.

I wanted 2 beers and got none. That woulda been 18.

I wanted to buy a Sox cap. That woulda been 25 bucks.

So it shoulda cost me 121 bucks to go to a Sox-Royals game. Do all of you have that kind of money to throw around and attend 10 games a summer? Good for you if you think it's worth it to go spend 100 bucks or more for a fricking baseball game. There were only 13,000 people there the last 2 nights. So obviously some people don't think it's worth it.

You're probably not buying a cap at every game if you go to 10 games a summer unless you are unusually rough on your caps.

Also, as somebody who used to live 10 miles from the Cell and now lives 300 miles away, I can tell you that my spending habits are very different based on the number of games attended. When I lived 10 miles away and went to 10+ games a year, I mostly bought $20 tickets, took public transportation, never bought beer, and only got one food item per game. Now that I live 300 miles away and go to 1-2 games a year, I buy $50 tickets, pay to park, have a beer and a couple food items per game.