Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 10:33 AM)
The dude won a conference title in his first year at freaken' Kansas State, their first one in 36 years. I would wait more than one game to jump to conclusions.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
True. I'm just saying there's nothing to draw from that one game. Love him or hate him, Weber is a flawed coached who has had some awesome successes as a basketball coach.

I agree. He isn't someone I'd want to hire at this point, but he's clearly not entirely useless.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illinois looked pretty good tonight. Bertrand and Tate with great games. If I had to guess the rotation going forward

PG- Abrams/Tate

W- Rice

W- Bertrand

PF- Ekey/Hill

C- Egwu/Colbert

Eight deep. Hill will be first off the bench and can play on the wing or at PF. Tate will be next off and can also provide Rice and Bertrand with rest since Abrams can slide over. Groce has been doing that a bit so far. Colbert will be used whenever we need a fourth big to get minutes. LaTulip will be next in line when we need some shooting. Don't see much hope for Nunn or Morgan right now.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)
Jaylon Tate looks so good out there. His court vision is on another planet. I wonder if we'd be better with him at PG and Abrams off the ball.

8 assists tonight, people.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 07:10 PM)
Illinois looked pretty good tonight. Bertrand and Tate with great games. If I had to guess the rotation going forward

PG- Abrams/Tate

W- Rice

W- Bertrand

PF- Ekey/Hill

C- Egwu/Colbert

Eight deep. Hill will be first off the bench and can play on the wing or at PF. Tate will be next off and can also provide Rice and Bertrand with rest since Abrams can slide over. Groce has been doing that a bit so far. Colbert will be used whenever we need a fourth big to get minutes. LaTulip will be next in line when we need some shooting. Don't see much hope for Nunn or Morgan right now.

Might be right as of this second. Nunn will get mixed in when he learns how to play defense. Until he gets that, he won't see anything. Right now it's not good.

LaTulip = when we need some threes/guards in foul trouble/breather/at end of game he should be getting the ball to make free throws.

Lastly, I pray Egwu has learned how to not foul this year, because we are thin as hell up front.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 02:22 AM)
Not a good start.

lol, not really.

It's going to be a long, long year. PG position looks good for the future with this kid from Belgium and a transfer from K-State next season. But the only 2 guys with significant experience are more like role players being thrust into the "main" guy role. In a good year, asking anything more than 10ppg is asking too much. As I said on a Miami board, I'll start analyzing this team after Christmas. Hopefully by then there will be improvements and building pieces for next season.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
8 assists tonight, people.

Might be right as of this second. Nunn will get mixed in when he learns how to play defense. Until he gets that, he won't see anything. Right now it's not good.

LaTulip = when we need some threes/guards in foul trouble/breather/at end of game he should be getting the ball to make free throws.

Lastly, I pray Egwu has learned how to not foul this year, because we are thin as hell up front.

I know it's only been 2 games, but the offense runs a LOT better with Tate out there. Significantly better. Abrams still makes freshman mistakes with the ball and isn't much of a threat offensively unless he can drive to the hoop.

Bertrand looked great, although he showed these flashes last year. He followed it up with a week of nothing. Hopefully he'll embrace the role of being "the" guy and keep this up.

If so I like Illinois' chances of getting back to the tournament.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
Didn't realize all you guys would be so excited for SIU-Missouri!

Just hope its competitive. 03 redemption.

Frank Martin may commit murder tonight.

Edited by Brian

Glad to have basketball back. I'm enjoying seeing Michigan St take it to Kentucky. I'm always a fan of whoever Kentucky is playing, but I've always liked Izzo a lot, so I'm legitimately pulling for MSU in this one.

And of course, I'm excited to see what the Vols look like. I'm expecting big things this year.