With Abreu Signing; Konerko Not Out

southsider2k5

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
The only problem is that you only get four bench players. If you have one that is only a catcher and one that is only a 1B/DH, it puts a lot of pressure on the other two to cover a lot of positions.

L. Garcia can play everything but catcher. Plus Jordan Danks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
Seems like a waste of a roster spot to me. They both only play 1b, and Abreu should be there most of the time.

This was my thought as well. With all the pitchers we keep nowadays, there's little room for anyone on the bench that doesn't have some versatility.

Leury(or Beckham if Semien is the starter at 2B) can play all 3 INF spots, and Danks can play all 3 OF spots.

The Kepp/Gillaspie platoon would have to be blown up though, which everyone wants anyway.

EDIT: man lately everything I've been saying already gets said while I'm in the process of posting.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 03:05 PM)
Leury(or Beckham if is Semien is the starter at 2B) can play all 3 INF spots, and Danks can play all 3 OF spots.

The Kepp/Gillaspie platoon would have to be blown up though, which everyone wants anyway.

EDIT: man lately everything I've been saying already gets said while I'm in the process of posting.

wite is a pro at that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
I wonder if Konerko would be willing to take an "Organizational hitting coach" job next year. Not the team hitting coach but one overseeing the full system.

When Konerko is done playing, the only time we're going to see him for at least two years is the weekend they retire his number.

No way he doesn't get away from the game for a while.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
There is also a chance to trade Dunn and eat salary if it means Konerko coming back.

I really do not care either way but there is the White Sox loyalty.

If you're eating salary to move someone, make it Keppinger. Less salary to eat.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
Toss Dunn out in left-field.

There is also a chance to trade Dunn and eat salary if it means Konerko coming back.

I really do not care either way but there is the White Sox loyalty.

I'd rather play Abreu at 3B than put Dunn in LF, but to be clear, I don't wanna do either.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
Ha, I just take too much time checking the validity of what I'm saying....Looked up to see if Leury played 3B, and also looked to see if Kepp has played any SS the last few years, he hasn't.

That is your first mistake. Say whatever comes to mind and check facts later.