Sox agree to 1 yr deal with Scott Downs

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
Kinda figured it was true.

Hahn was on ESPN radio yesterday, and said the Belisario deal was probably getting completed "in the next day or so". He didn't mention him by name.

Anyway, once Belisario and Downs are on the 40-man, somebody has to be dumped to make room.

Candidates--Heath, Morel, Nestor Molina, Santos Rodriguez?

Heath seems the likeliest to go.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosenthal:

Source: Downs’ deal with #WhiteSox will be one year, $4M range with vesting option that could bring deal to about two years/$8M.

Option with #WhiteSox will vest if Downs pitches to his normal workload, per source. Deal pending physical. @jonmorosi first reported close.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 11:01 AM)
Rosenthal:

Source: Downs’ deal with #WhiteSox will be one year, $4M range with vesting option that could bring deal to about two years/$8M.

Option with #WhiteSox will vest if Downs pitches to his normal workload, per source. Deal pending physical. @jonmorosi first reported close.

Wow, that is pretty solid for this marketplace.

I believe he is out of options, so he'll likely be gone by the time the season starts anyways. As of right now, he makes sense to stick simply due to the fact that he is younger.

I see what your saying, but there's always the chance of Veal turning it around and being useful, even if it is a remote chance. OTOH, Morel will never be useful for anything...

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
I see what your saying, but there's always the chance of Veal turning it around and being useful, even if it is a remote chance. OTOH, Morel will never be useful for anything...

I have no idea why you brought up Donnie Veal, but while I agree that there is virtually no chance that Brent Morel turns into anything useful, I think he has a better chance than Duente Heath does.

Bullpen might not even skip a beat without Reed.

Jones-Downs-Belisario-Lindstrom-Veal are probably all locks. I can see Webb and Petrika battle for a spot, and Rienzo and Paulino battle for the 5th spot with the loser getting mop up duties.

Gotta love the fact that between Downs, Belisario and Lindstrom they pitched 172 innings while allowing a combined 6 HRs....Addison Reed gave up 6 by himself in 71.