2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 12:06 PM)
I want to be excited about it, but I kinda give that a big MEH.

It isnt a movie i will go out of my way to see in the theater, but I will watch it when i can rent it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 12:40 PM)
It isnt a movie i will go out of my way to see in the theater, but I will watch it when i can rent it

Same.

It bothers me that it's the same story as the original ("here's a park full of dinosaurs, it's perfect...oh s***, something went wrong, panic!") and it looks super cheesy. The whole fake-sea world thing? Really?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:41 PM)
Same.

It bothers me that it's the same story as the original ("here's a park full of dinosaurs, it's perfect...oh s***, something went wrong, panic!") and it looks super cheesy. The whole fake-sea world thing? Really?

The funny thing is, all of the 4 movies have small parts of the original book. They mention an aquatic area in the original book, and they actually visit the aviary(which they went to in JP3).

Thats why i said it would have been better for me if they just rebooted, and kept as close to the original book as possible. You know, Hammond dies(and is a raging prick), Malcolm dies, there are two T-rexs, its more of a horror story.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)
The funny thing is, all of the 4 movies have small parts of the original book. They mention an aquatic area in the original book, and they actually visit the aviary(which they went to in JP3).

Thats why i said it would have been better for me if they just rebooted, and kept as close to the original book as possible. You know, Hammond dies(and is a raging prick), Malcolm dies, there are two T-rexs, its more of a horror story.

Human spoiler alert.

The Theory of Everything....very worthwhile, not quite Beautiful Mind quality...but Eddie Remayne should get a Best Actor nomination.

Felicity Jones was quite solid, too. I'd put her in the maybe category for best actress at the moment until I can compare it with other performances.

Well done, deftly acted but unexceptional is the best way to put it. The romantic angle was a surprise...Interstellar probably throws more sheer physics at you.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 01:44 AM)
Watched St. Vincent tonight. I thought it was decent. I'm not really a fan of those types of movies that don't have a plot. Glad I didn't pay to see it.

We are seeing Interstellar at iMAX tomorrow, so that should be fun/long.

No/Very

Saw Interstellar. Not sure what to think. The first 75% of the movie, give or take, I really enjoyed - it was long but needed to be, it had a few cheesy lines, but also explored some good stuff and was well done. Then all of a sudden, it full-on jumped the tracks into this weird Stanley Kubrick meets M. Night Shyamalan thing. Jarring and weird. Then right near the end it came back down a bit, but still left a weird taste.