2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1m

THIS JUST IN: Florida State announces Jameis Winston has been suspended from baseball team as result of citation for allegedly shoplifting.

Never would of happened during Football season we all know that.

• 1 month later...
Do you believe Pete Carroll when he says he wouldn't have left USC had he known of the impending NCAA sanctions?

21%

Yes

79%

No

Only 21% of the people are incredibly stupid. I think this country is making some progress!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)
Only 21% of the people are incredibly stupid. I think this country is making some progress!

I believe those 21 percent live in SoCal

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)
Matt Domer denied admission to Illinois and not enrolled.

Beckman pretty much throwing the admissions office under the bus publicly, I like it. It's been rumored that we've lost 2 recruits alone this recruiting season due to admissions not letting them in (they committed to other big ten schools who were happy to let them in).

If Illinois wants to be serious about having the football program succeed, then they need to loosen their academic standards (released that Domer made the NCAA academic standards).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
Beckman pretty much throwing the admissions office under the bus publicly, I like it. It's been rumored that we've lost 2 recruits alone this recruiting season due to admissions not letting them in (they committed to other big ten schools who were happy to let them in).

If Illinois wants to be serious about having the football program succeed, then they need to loosen their academic standards (released that Domer made the NCAA academic standards).

There has to be something else to it, if he met NCAA standards they would let him in as would every other team in conference other than NW.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
There has to be something else to it, if he met NCAA standards they would let him in as would every other team in conference other than NW.

Article

He met academic requirements from the NCAA, but didn’t meet ones at Illinois.

Domer is enrolled to take classes this fall at Parkland College in Champaign, setting up a path where Domer would still wind up at Illinois.

If he does meet the university’s admission standards and enrolls again in time for second semester classes in January, he would still have five seasons to play four with the Illini.

“We’d like to see how he progresses through some hours of community college and we want to give him a shot to get back here in January,” Beckman said. “There was extreme disappointment when we found out. In the middle of May is when it started to happen and unfold (that he might not gain admission), and we went through the process of trying to reinstate him to give him a chance to get readmitted. We worked every avenue we could to get him here. Unfortunately, it didn’t work.”

:huh

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)

It's not true for Northwestern anymore either. I agree though. Probably something more. I'm guessing he missed a class or two or three in high school that is required by Illinois law that isn't otherwise covered by the NCAA, if that makes any sense.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 05:20 PM)
It's not true for Northwestern anymore either. I agree though. Probably something more. I'm guessing he missed a class or two or three in high school that is required by Illinois law that isn't otherwise covered by the NCAA, if that makes any sense.

Perfect sense, it seems impossible it could be gpa or tests.