2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
No chance he is back if he has teams contacting him on the sly.

Teams are able to contact and show interest in free agents at this point. He's just doing a solid to those teams by not mentioning them.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 11:37 AM)
He was great, but I'll punch the first person in the face I see that tells me the Bears suck for releasing him.

Well, yes, the purpose of my post was simply to recognize the brief period where he was a monster. He's been s***ty for quite a bit now, and the NFL did its best to neuter the return game, but man, I will NEVER forget the opening kickoff of Super Bowl 41.

In case you missed it, and you probably did since no one is talking about the hilarity of it, you've gotta watch the "Bro to bro" segment from NFL AM.....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap200000...lus-and-Michael

I wanna see these bros together...it'd be bearsome.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
Well, yes, the purpose of my post was simply to recognize the brief period where he was a monster. He's been s***ty for quite a bit now, and the NFL did its best to neuter the return game, but man, I will NEVER forget the opening kickoff of Super Bowl 41.

Or the Cardinals game that we had no business winning, or the Broncos or Rams game where he brought 2 back to the house. It was insane those first 2 years having someone doing what he was doing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
shefter is tweeting that Seattle is now the favorite to keep Bennett

Lame. That bro to bro segment on NFL AM is supposed to be a weekly thing, wouldn't be the same if those 2 weren't on the same team......Or it could be eben better if they throw out a WWE type interview.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
shefter is tweeting that Seattle is now the favorite to keep Bennett

@BradBiggs

One source says #Bears offering $8.5 million per year for Michael Bennett and #Seahawks at $8 million annually. That is word around league.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 12:11 PM)
@BradBiggs

One source says #Bears offering $8.5 million per year for Michael Bennett and #Seahawks at $8 million annually. That is word around league.

That'd be wild considering what Griffen just got.

What's a pack fan doin following Biggs?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
That'd be wild considering what Griffen just got.

What's a pack fan doin following Biggs?

There is one thing you are forgetting about the Griffen signing, and that's that Spielman did that and Spielman is terrible.

I mean, I like Griffen, but that's too much money for a guy who has never been a starter. Like WAAAAAY too much. I feel like the Bills gave Aaron Williams too much money, but he was good last year as a starter and $26 mill over 4 years isn't nearly as bad as $42 mill over 5 years, even if DEs are more valuable overall.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
There is one thing you are forgetting about the Griffen signing, and that's that Spielman did that and Spielman is terrible.

I mean, I like Griffen, but that's too much money for a guy who has never been a starter. Like WAAAAAY too much. I feel like the Bills gave Aaron Williams too much money, but he was good last year as a starter and $26 mill over 4 years isn't nearly as bad as $42 mill over 5 years, even if DEs are more valuable overall.

Oh I absolutely agree. I said "Ya, hopefully teams realize just how awful that deal is and don't use it as a "measuring stick"" that on another board.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Bears near a deal with LB DJ Williams. I would be ok with it, if the guy can stay on the field

If it is a low dollar deal, I am good with it. We need some roster filling guys with the big cap numbers from guys like Cutler.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
Same. I think he, Bostic, and SMC all compete for 2 spots.

I thought Bostic and Shea were competing for the SAM. DJ is a MIKE I believe, so as of now I think he'd be a starter.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 06:01 PM)
@AdamSchefter

Steelers will release LB LaMarr Woodley at 4 ET Tuesday, designate him a post June 1 casualty, per source. He will be free to sign Tuesday.

Not sure I understand how that works. So he is released and free to sign, but it qualifies as a post-June 1 casualty? So he will still count against the cap until June 1? Why would we not do this with Peppers?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
@ProFootballTalk

DE Michael Bennett strikes deal with Seahawks. Four years. Terms coming.

Sounds like a lot of people were fooled on this one.

Just a few hours ago, La Canfora wrote that you'd be hard pressed to find execs who didn't believe Bennett would end up in Chicago.

Sounds like the Bears people should have shut their mouths. I hope this stuff was coming from Bennett's camp and not the Bears. I can see why Bennett would have done it as I don't blame him for wanting to stay in Seattle (and this probably helped get Seattle serious enough). I'd have taken him at that contract. Very fair deal.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
I thought Bostic and Shea were competing for the SAM. DJ is a MIKE I believe, so as of now I think he'd be a starter.

Trestman said Bostic and Shea would get time at Mike as well. Not sure if that changes with Williams here.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
@ProFootballTalk

DE Michael Bennett strikes deal with Seahawks. Four years. Terms coming.

=(

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
Sounds like the Bears people should have shut their mouths. I hope this stuff was coming from Bennett's camp and not the Bears. I can see why Bennett would have done it as I don't blame him for wanting to stay in Seattle (and this probably helped get Seattle serious enough). I'd have taken him at that contract. Very fair deal.

Rumors of the Bears signing him came from NFL executives.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m

Everson Griffen, with one career start, gets $8.5M/year with Vikings. Michael Bennett takes $7.125M/year to stay in Seattle.

Edited by scs787