2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
pairing this with Adrian Peterson's comments, why do I feel like we are definitely going to see AP go to Dallas?

Really seems like that, doesn't it?

And wasn't his agent yelling at more than multiple teams' executives? Just the Vikings I would get (though still unprofessional), but any other team is weird.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bits and pieces of the Dez story is starting to break.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 2h 2 hours ago

In July, 2011, police were called to a Walmart for an disturbance. It involved Dez Bryant. Details (report included): http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000047...-contract-talks

Direct link to the incident report filed for the July, 2011 incident at Walmart in Lancaster involving Dez Bryant http://static.nfl.com/static/content/publi...00000474214.pdf

#Cowboys have known about this Dez Bryant incident for some time. They have taken particular interest in it. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000047...-contract-talks

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
um, of course the Cowboys knew about this.

Well yeah, they swept it under the rug so they could have Dez all season and then as soon as they need to negotiate a new contract, they leverage it against him. It's incredibly shady but might ultimately save them a bit of money.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
Well yeah, they swept it under the rug so they could have Dez all season and then as soon as they need to negotiate a new contract, they leverage it against him. It's incredibly shady but might ultimately save them a bit of money.

He wont even play next year if this is as bad as they are speculating.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
Police report doesn't really sound bad.

I agree. There must be much more to this. That, or people are speculating that this is the incident since they found a police report with this info. Anyone else think this could be something else entirely?

Sounds like Cowboys are trying to buy the tape so that it doesn't get reported nationally. What is annoying about this is that it is something that is so old that evidently everyone was aware of it from the past (I presume if Cowboys were aware of it, NFL was as well).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
Sounds like Cowboys are trying to buy the tape so that it doesn't get reported nationally. What is annoying about this is that it is something that is so old that evidently everyone was aware of it from the past (I presume if Cowboys were aware of it, NFL was as well).

Schefter likely auditioning for a job at tmz.