2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
Dropping Knile Davis = dumb. Either roll with him if/when Charles goes down (if you have JC) or trade him for twice his value to Charles' owner.

I see why that was dumb now. Maybe I can pick him back up again. I don't have a lot of room on my team though. I have Taliaferro ad Ridley as my backups.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 10:03 PM)
"Excessive" celebration.

There is already rumblings that he was penalized for praying, even though Reid thinks it was for the slide on the knees.

Abdullah's agent tweeted that they better not fine him for praying

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 10:19 PM)
It looks like Charles just got re-injured.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 10:20 PM)
Right after I drop Knile Davis. Ugh.

He's fine. He cramped up, got a quick IV and came back for a few plays. Reid said he pulled him because of the scoreline.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 11:00 PM)
Nah, unsportsmanlike because the returner went to his knees after he scored, he didn't even really celebrate. No fun league.

Yeah, Abdullah is a devout Muslim and he went to his knees to pray. They are saying he was flagged for the "slide" into the pray, but I bet that's not why the official threw the flag. I'm sure it was a mistake in hindsight, but this could get very interesting if the NFL does fine him.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 07:51 AM)
He's fine. He cramped up, got a quick IV and came back for a few plays. Reid said he pulled him because of the scoreline.

Yeah, Abdullah is a devout Muslim and he went to his knees to pray. They are saying he was flagged for the "slide" into the pray, but I bet that's not why the official threw the flag. I'm sure it was a mistake in hindsight, but this could get very interesting if the NFL does fine him.

They better not. In what's already been a very bad month for the NFL, this would bring even more controversy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
The thing about both the slide and the prayer.....Brandon Marshall pretty much does both every time he scores.

Yup. That's why if they fine him, it would look really really bad.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 07:51 AM)

The official rule states that “players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground", and I think that why the flag was thrown. However, I don't believe it's supposed to be a penalty if you go down on your knees to pray. I just wonder if the official didn't know he was praying, saw him go to the ground and threw the flag.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/c...lized/16471261/

The NFL admits officials were wrong to penalize Kansas City Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah for going to knees and saying a prayer after he scored a touchdown in Monday's win over the New England Patriots.

"Husain Abdullah should not have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct following his fourth quarter touchdown," NFL spokesman Michael Signora wrote in an email to USA TODAY Sports.

"Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 (d) states 'players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground.' However, the officiating mechanic in this situation is not to flag a player who goes to the ground as part of religious expression, and as a result, there should have been no penalty on the play."

Abdullah will not be fined, Signora said.

Abdullah, a Muslim who sat out the 2012 season to go on a pilgrimage, told reporters after the game he believed he was flagged for first sliding to his knees – not performing the Sajdah, a religious prostration. But the NFL moved quickly to clarify the situation.

Going to the ground in celebration is forbidden by NFL rules unless the player is praying. Former Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow, among other Christian players, have made it a regular part of the game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 09:11 AM)
The official rule states that “players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground", and I think that why the flag was thrown. However, I don't believe it's supposed to be a penalty if you go down on your knees to pray. I just wonder if the official didn't know he was praying, saw him go to the ground and threw the flag.

I am guessing that's the case, and I think the NFL will issue a quick apology. It was a simple mistake. Fining him would be a big mistake.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 10:20 AM)
He threw at least one pick where the wideout ran the wrong route. He's getting crushed, etc. Point is, even the all time greats are human to an extent.

He doesn't have great weapons anymore but the last 2 years he's been making some absolutely horrible reads and throws. People just want to blame the supporting cast but he's been bad as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 08:27 AM)
He doesn't have great weapons anymore but the last 2 years he's been making some absolutely horrible reads and throws. People just want to blame the supporting cast but he's been bad as well.

He had absolute garbage last year and somehow won. It might have been his best season in his career when you consider what he had.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
He had absolute garbage last year and somehow won. It might have been his best season in his career when you consider what he had.

God no. Like I said, it's easy to blame the supporting cast and they absolutely deserve their share of the blame but he was really, really bad for the majority of last year too. He missed a lot of open receivers last year.

Bradys problem is he is a statue. Give the guy a little time and he will pick you apart, but he isnt Rodgers. He isnt gonna slide out and make a play on the run. Now that the destruction of his massive O Line has begun, Brady has been forcing it, and his WR corps is just not acceptable compared to what we are used to.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
It's a combo of Brady getting older and the Patriots surrounding him with garbage players on offense. There is no explosive players on that offense.

This is essentially it, Brady can longer make up for having a crappy surrounding offense and now is also part of it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 1, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
Chris Boden ‏@CSNBoden 1m1 minute ago

CORRECTION: #Bears Allen says he STILL NEEDS to regain 12 of 15 lbs. he lost to pneumonia but confident he'll play Sun. #BearsTalk #BadMath

He lost 15 pounds that quickly? Damn.