2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
And the high paid offense scored 30+ points exactly zero times.

Fact is, all 3 phases sucked and they are all connected. If the offense could sustain an early 7 minute drive, maybe the defense doesn't get trampled on. If the special teams doesn't return every kickoff out the end zone and get tackled inside the 15, maybe the offense can be more aggressive and run the offense better.

Lest you forget the inevitable holding penalty on the return by Senorise Perry

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
And the high paid offense scored 30+ points exactly zero times.

Fact is, all 3 phases sucked and they are all connected. If the offense could sustain an early 7 minute drive, maybe the defense doesn't get trampled on. If the special teams doesn't return every kickoff out the end zone and get tackled inside the 15, maybe the offense can be more aggressive and run the offense better.

And that is why coaching is definitely the largest issue.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
@JoePequenoCBS5: Source says, Harbaugh will tell SF team after Sunday's game and be introduced Tuesday. Once again, nothing signed, but UM confident.

SF must really be blocking his movement in the NFL if he isn't even going to get a chance to listen to offers.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
SF must really be blocking his movement in the NFL if he isn't even going to get a chance to listen to offers.

The way I look at it, if he is fired he is going to UM. San Francisco is going to want compensation if he goes to another NFL team

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 07:56 AM)
this is my opinion on the Bears and maybe their problem.

is it really the coaches fault? i think the real fault to should fall right on

the shoulder pads of the QB. before the Bears got him, he was practually

ran out of Denver.

Let's not pretend that Josh Mcdaniel's personnel moves were anything but hilariously bad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
The way I look at it, if he is fired he is going to UM. San Francisco is going to want compensation if he goes to another NFL team

I think it's the other way around. If he is fired he goes to Oakland. If SF wants compensation he goes to Michigan. If NFL teams are allowed to openly bid on his services that is bad for Michigan. They need him to sign to today.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
I think it's the other way around. If he is fired he goes to Oakland. If SF wants compensation he goes to Michigan. If NFL teams are allowed to openly bid on his services that is bad for Michigan. They need him to sign to today.

The compensation will be in the form of draft picks, I don't think SF is going to hold on to him so people will send them money compensation.

The thing is, San Francisco can do what they want, he is under contract. If they are really concerned about him going to another NFL team, they are gonna force that team to pay out the nose. If he is going to sign with UM, well they might as well fire him because UM cannot offer any sort of compensation.

I'm curious how they can get reassurance that he signs with UM though. I suppose they could fire him and he can say "haha suckers, I'm going to Oakland/Chicago/whoever"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 11:37 AM)
The compensation will be in the form of draft picks, I don't think SF is going to hold on to him so people will send them money compensation.

The thing is, San Francisco can do what they want, he is under contract. If they are really concerned about him going to another NFL team, they are gonna force that team to pay out the nose. If he is going to sign with UM, well they might as well fire him because UM cannot offer any sort of compensation.

I'm curious how they can get reassurance that he signs with UM though

I believe UM still has to pay his buyout but obviously they cannot give them picks.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)

I'm curious how they can over reassurance that he signs with UM though

I think the big push by Michigan makes trading him a moot point. Chances are he winds up in Ann Arbor, but if not, I don't think SF is going to be compensated for his services. The ties are going to be cut pretty quickly.

Plus is Michigan even looking anywhere else? I am starting to believe the done deal reports.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
I believe UM still has to pay his buyout but obviously they cannot give them picks.

And the buyout is really not a big deal. NFL teams are printing money, it's not like SF is strapped for cash. The picks are the important thing

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
If Garza re-signing means Emery is back, I cannot believe the Bears would let Phil Emery select another head coach.

I really don't think it is any sort of proof that Emery stays. I think it is a formality one year deal for a team leader that has been around for a while.

If he started slinging around multi year deals, I would get worried

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
I think the big push by Michigan makes trading him a moot point. Chances are he winds up in Ann Arbor, but if not, I don't think SF is going to be compensated for his services. The ties are going to be cut pretty quickly.

Plus is Michigan even looking anywhere else? I am starting to believe the done deal reports.

They hired a search firm which doesn't appear to be involved with Harbaugh so you would think they had a list.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
I really don't think it is any sort of proof that Emery stays. I think it is a formality one year deal for a team leader that has been around for a while.

If he started slinging around multi year deals, I would get worried

Agreed. It's under $2 million for your veteran starting center. I feel like most GMs would happily offer him a deal like that. That doesn't change anything.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)
@ProFootballTalk: Full-blown Bears house cleaning could be coming http://t.co/jur9rvc845

Ted Phillips should have nothing to do with football decisions. That said, if the McCaskeys fire him after all the money he made them, they better give him the golden parachute of golden parachutes. That firing would be symbolic only. He had as much to do with the failure of the 2014 Bears as a beer vendor. At least I think so. If he is making football decisions, the firing needs to go up the ladder to the person who thought that was a good idea.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
They did a ton of PR repair after Dukes coach apparently was approached so who knows. If for some reason Harbaugh says no I think its Miles.

One thing he has to keep in mind is even if he recruits tremendously, Michigan is probably going to suck for at least 2 more years, and the critics will be out is mass.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
It's not right and wrong, it's a bad team all around.

I'm not absolving Cutler of blame, a large share of it is his own. I'm just disagreeing with LDF that it all falls on him.

and lets be real here, that defense is tissue paper weak. Even if Cutler could score more points, look at that bulls*** I just posted. That doesn't have to do with Cutler. He actually had an amazing first half against the Packers and it didn't make a damn bit of difference, Rodgers started the game hitting something stupid like all of his first 15 passes.

jeeze .... i don't know if i should take this seriously or not..... not. ;)

well, in all about these Bears, i really can't frame an honest opinion on the coach. i

do not like QB and i have been wondering on the selections the GM has made in the

past.

i will say one thing, Cutler lead the league this yr in turnovers, there by putting the defense

on the field sooner.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
One thing he has to keep in mind is even if he recruits tremendously, Michigan is probably going to suck for at least 2 more years, and the critics will be out is mass.

And you will also be immediately expected to beat UrUrban Meyer, which has proven to be difficult everywhere he has been.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 06:24 PM)
I think if you want your organization to not have the atmosphere of a circus, you don't hire Jim Harbaugh

i disagree. the bears in that now more than ever,

remember mike d, george h. the bears do well in that environment.