Abreu over/under set at 28.5/85.5

southsider2k5

Under/under. Expecting some adjustment time, plus we've seen the Cubans don't like April in Chicago. Although would anyone here be disappointed with 25/80? The RBI projection isn't that high relative to the homers, but with this lineup that's probably fair.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 12:00 AM)
Under/under. Expecting some adjustment time, plus we've seen the Cubans don't like April in Chicago. Although would anyone here be disappointed with 25/80? The RBI projection isn't that high relative to the homers, but with this lineup that's probably fair.

I would be perfectly happy with 25/80, as long as it's .275+. That right there probably gets him a ROY award, unless Tanaka debuts just as well.

25/80/.275 would be nearly identical to what Prince Fielder did last year, but if, unlike Prince, Abreu can be just an average 1B, that type of season should net him a 3+ WAR, which would have put him #1 among AL rookies last year.

I hope over, and only if the adjustment period isn't too long or draining on him but I can't help but think as mature a hitter he is he won't hit a couple stumps throughout the season so if money was involved i'd go under....although barely. 23/74

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 07:16 AM)
I hope over, and only if the adjustment period isn't too long or draining on him but I can't help but think as mature a hitter he is he won't hit a couple stumps throughout the season so if money was involved i'd go under....although barely. 23/74

I still say these numbers make sense, and I get what you're saying too, but man, when you watch that guys swing it is just a work of art.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
I still say these numbers make sense, and I get what you're saying too, but man, when you watch that guys swing it is just a work of art.

And I think we'll definitely be in for one of the best art shows around for the next few years :cheers

• 5 months later...