NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol, what a waste of two hours by Miami today. I know Green Bay is a good mid-major team but today was downright bad. To lose is one thing but to go the first 30+ and look like you'd rather be elsewhere is embarrassing.

Angel Rodriguez 2-15 shooting. Its a shame he got to the line 8 times because he doesnt deserve the 12 points that will keep his ppg average about the same.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)
Jeff Rabjohns ‏@JeffRabjohns 39s39 seconds ago

Big Ten will announce at 4 pm (ET) Tuesday in NYC that its 2018 men's basketball tournament will be in Madison Square Garden.

I like the idea of having it at MSG, but not a fan of hosting it a full week before Selection Sunday.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
Just noticed this, Iowa State and UNI don't play each other this year? For some reason I thought the 4 DI Iowa schools (Iowa, ISU, UNI, Drake) always all played each other every season, Kind of a shame that isn't true.

There used to be something in place where they had to play each other, that's obviously gone. I'm sure Heads can give us a good answer.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
Just noticed this, Iowa State and UNI don't play each other this year? For some reason I thought the 4 DI Iowa schools (Iowa, ISU, UNI, Drake) always all played each other every season, Kind of a shame that isn't true.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
There used to be something in place where they had to play each other, that's obviously gone. I'm sure Heads can give us a good answer.

This has happened for a few years. They now have a Big 4 Classic in Des Moines, where Iowa and Iowa State play UNI and Drake. Neither Iowa or Iowa State wanted to play a home and home with either school anymore, so this was the only option for Drake and UNI.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
I like the idea of having it at MSG, but not a fan of hosting it a full week before Selection Sunday.

This. I can't imagine that's good for the teams to have that long off. Plus, as a selfish fan, I want to be watching our team during that time of the year, dammit!

This. I can't imagine that's good for the teams to have that long off. Plus, as a selfish fan, I want to be watching our team during that time of the year, dammit!

Some of the smaller conferences also finish up that early. Perhaps each team could schedule a non-conference game.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:07 PM)
Problem is that Starks isn't all that good either.

He is at least an offensive threat. Tate is the worst offensive guard Illinois has ever had.

Edit to clarify I mean this as a scholarship guard that gets minutes.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
Cosby has been the most disappointing player, he's brought nothing thus far.

If he and Starks don't start hitting shots this team just won't be that good. They both have proven track records on high shot diets so it would be really surprising if they don't start making shots but it is certainly a cause for concern.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Cosby has been the most disappointing player, he's brought nothing thus far.

It really doesn't make sense considering he has produced against teams like Nova in the past. My only guess is that he's still getting used to playing primarily off the ball and running around screens whereas he was the main ball handler at Seton Hall.

Illinois has two losses thus far. One to a ranked team in a true road game and the other at a neutral site against a top 10 team loaded with experience. The Illini were close at points midway through the second half in both. It's not the end of the world. It's not like they lost to NJIT.