De Aza and Viciedo

harfman77

De Aza and Viciedo  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will De Aza and/or Viciedo finish the season with the Sox?

• Both will complete the season as White Sox
    • De Aza will be traded
    • Viciedo will be traded
    • Both will be traded

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
Given the injury to Garcia, I wondered if that changed the perspective of Soxtalk on what will happen with the former LF platoon.

I won't even venture a guess as to what will happen. Just hoping they both do better than expected so any trade return we do get is better.

This can go one of two ways. If the Sox stay in contention, they hold on to both and see what offers they get next off season. Or if the Sox fall out of contention the Sox see what's offered around the trade deadline. Right now we just have to wait and see since its just too soon to predict.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
Despite his flaws, I really think you guys are selling Ale short.

I dunno, is saying he's a tradeable asset selling him short? He's definitely an MLB player, he just doesn't really fit the long-term plan, IMO.

I think De Aza is in his final year with White Sox. He'll prob finish out the season and not be offered a contract for 2015.

I think it depends on how far the Sox think they are from contending. DeAza is perfectly fine as a starting LF on a team that isn't expected to contend. He will be streaky, play good LF defense, and can cover CF on occasion if needed.

On a contending team, he's a 4th OF, and you have to ask if it's worth paying him $4M more to be a 4th OF than you would have to pay Jordan Danks.

I will say that from DeAza's perspective, he very likely wants to stay. If any AL team trades for any of the Sox lefty bats and then sends them out to face Sale, they aren't going to be too happy.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 08:51 AM)
I think it depends on how far the Sox think they are from contending. DeAza is perfectly fine as a starting LF on a team that isn't expected to contend. He will be streaky, play good LF defense, and can cover CF on occasion if needed.

On a contending team, he's a 4th OF, and you have to ask if it's worth paying him $4M more to be a 4th OF than you would have to pay Jordan Danks.

De Aza is a free agent after 2015 and he'll be 31 at the time. There is absolutely no sense in which he is a long-term solution for this team. They simply aren't going to be extending him.