**4/30 thread: Sox vs Tigers, 1:10pm**

Brian

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
Old Tyler back

Scherzer makes a lot of hitters look bad. However, Ventura has to be careful not to overuse Flowers. This has been a few times where he's played the day game after a night game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
If anything they are going to look at the three scoreless innings and think they have at the very least right handed reliever on their hands. If they think he got tired, they are probably feeling pretty good about his being better once he has more pitches under his belt.

I'm not sure how you don't take this outing some sort of a positive thing. Well I can see how some would look for the negative, but I digress.

Yes, very positive. I like him as a swing man with that sinker.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
2nd time in 5 innings Hawk begging Kipnis to rest in Sox series.

because Kipnis kills the Sox. He is hurt anyways so Hawk shouldnt worry too much

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
Cannot just give Detroit 2 wins which is basically what the Sox have done. 14 K's and no walks for Sox last night and Sox still lost. You very seldom see that.

I saw someone post on twitter that was the first time in team history that happened

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
Noesi ended up allowing more runs that innings pitched...predictable. Sad thing is I'm sure they'll be stubborn and keep him on the roster.

I don't really know how upset you can get. He pitched great the first 3 innings. He's not a starter and he was not stretched out. If this was a "bullpen game" he did his job and RV should have pulled him the first signs of trouble in the 4th. If anything, I think this was a positive outing from him. If he can pitch well for 1-3 innings at a time, that is a significant upgrade to our current s***show of a bullpen

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 07:48 PM)
I don't really know how upset you can get. He pitched great the first 3 innings. He's not a starter and he was not stretched out. If this was a "bullpen game" he did his job and RV should have pulled him the first signs of trouble in the 4th. If anything, I think this was a positive outing from him. If he can pitch well for 1-3 innings at a time, that is a significant upgrade to our current s***show of a bullpen

I didn't articulate that post well...in a later post, I said I don't think there's a spot for him on the roster right now. However, given the roster situation, I believe the Sox should try to pass him through waivers.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
Petricka has done a very good job this season.

I agree, even though it was funny hearing Stone talk about how good he's been last night and then having to mention all the hits/walks he's allowed. I do think he's a keeper for this bullpen though, and a good 7th inning guy going forward.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
I saw someone post on twitter that was the first time in team history that happened

The pen has been A LOT better over the last couple of weeks. IIRC, they had a 2.35 ERA over the last 10 games previous to last nights game. That number has obvious come down in the last two games, as they have not allowed any ER in the last 5.1IP over the last two days.

Last night I was in the bullpen bar, and Tigers' Jeff Kunkel seriously spent the entire night checking in on the Bulls game on our TV in the bar.

Apparently from Oak Forest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Kunkel_(catcher)

Bullpen catcher i guess. gotta find something to do to pass the time

Edited by Jose Paniagua