5/4 at Indians

flavum

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2014 -> 01:11 PM)
This year's team has a chance to challenge last year's record if these injuries continue. This just isn't a competitive roster.

I can't see the Sox losing 95, but low 70's wins and another top-10 pick look likely.

Just have to hope they can keep making productive trades, and draft a couple guys at #3 and #44 that will be part of the future.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 4, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
People are concerned when the Sox rush a player up through the minors to the majors yet the Sox hire a guy who has never even coached at any level to manage the major league club. Maybe Robin will prove to be a good manager some day but maybe they need to send him down to the minors for a little seasoning.

Robin will never be much as a manager.

On the bright side, if Sale and Johnson return, I honestly believe Sale, Quintana, Johnson, Danks, Carroll could be a pretty solid rotation. I'm not giving up on Erik Johnson being a decent 4th starter.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2014 -> 12:19 PM)
On the bright side, if Sale and Johnson return, I honestly believe Sale, Quintana, Johnson, Danks, Carroll could be a pretty solid rotation. I'm not giving up on Erik Johnson being a decent 4th starter.

It seems to be between the ears with EJ, at least somewhat. MiLB performance says he should be at least decent.

And two weeks at least more of Jordan Danks AB's everyday. Beautiful.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 4, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
Let's hope it's just a dead arm. Didn't see his velocity from Charlotte the other day, did you?

My experience is I don't believe minor league guns are all that accurate anyway.