5/7 vs Cubs

flavum

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:58 PM)
You aren't paying them so what does that matter?

Matters when Sox say they have expanded the payroll as far as it can go. 14.25 mil can be spent elsewhere. Who gives a s*** who's paying it. 10 games a year I go to I am paying some of it.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
Matters when Sox say the have expanded the payroll as far as it can go. 14.25 mil can be spent elsewhere. Who gives a s*** who's paying it. 10 games a year I go to I am paying some of it.

They are nowhere near that point.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:49 PM)
He is fine. They have hit 1 ball hard. You don't have to throw 95 to be effective.

Come on dude, even you have to admit it's a bit troubling that his FB has actually decreased from last year. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Bernstein was quoting numbers that Danks had the slowest fastball among all qualified starters. If this velocity is here to stay, then we're looking at a #4 caliber starter best case scenario, which is not what we're paying for.

I was all for resigning him too, but anyone being objective has to be concerned with how he's looked so far this year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
Danks has given up a hit and a run through 3 innings. He is so awful.

Okay so people are saying his stuff looks bad. What, specifically, about what pitches he is throwing are you impresses with? Curious.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:03 PM)
Okay so people are saying his stuff looks bad. What, specifically, about what pitches he is throwing are you impresses with? Curious.

Got a nice change and getting a lot of swings and misses and soft contact. There has been one ball hit hard in 3 innings.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)
Got a nice change and getting a lot of swings and misses and soft contact. There has been one ball hit hard in 3 innings.

Yea it's not like the Cubs didn't put up huge numbers against DFA bait Hector Noesi last night.

Oh wait.