5/7 vs Cubs

flavum

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
God I want to live in your world. "Hey I just hit green on the roulette well everyone that said it wouldn't hit is dumb".

All I have to do is fade whatever you say and I will be a baseball genius.

This is a perfect example of outcome-based evaluation vs thought process. Danks was bad before that home run; some here just chose not to see it.

Bad as defined by -- he cant do the things he's strong at anymore.......as he relied on velocity. He has to totally change as a pitcher if he's going to get back to being really solid like he was several yrs ago.

Cubs have an awful offense so the things being said about Danks aren't based off this, but rather larger samples.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:35 PM)
This is a perfect example of outcome-based evaluation vs thought process. Danks was bad before that home run; some here just chose not to see it.

Bad as defined by -- he cant do the things he's strong at anymore.......as he relied on velocity. He has to totally change as a pitcher if he's going to get back to being really solid like he was several yrs ago.

Cubs have an awful offense so the things being said about Danks aren't based off this, but rather larger samples.

Danks has always been an off speed pitcher. Not sure how he relied on velocity.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 7, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)
Lol. That was two feet off the line. Good 3b have that easily.

He needed to stay on his feet and backhand it and step on 3rd.. I think he thought the ball was hit harder and his first reaction was to dive for hit.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 7, 2014 -> 07:41 PM)
Oh this team sometimes...

It's not the team. Danks just never is going to be the same.

And that's yet one more reason why we have to be a bit careful with the payroll than non-strategically throwing money at the dartboard of mid-tier free agent pitchers. We already have one of our own who's mediocre at best. We don't need another one.

Too many walks, too much pitches....doesn't have a strikeout pitch anymore, leading to bullpen overuse. It's like the perfect storm.

Edited by caulfield12