5/20- CWS @ KCR

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2014 -> 07:57 PM)
Ventura caught sleeping in the 8th

I'm surprised you'd say this. I am not a Ventura advocate at all but when you have a 3-4 run lead and you used your 2 best guys 2 innings each last night who did you expect to pitch ? Downs and Francisco have to pitch when a lead is semi-comfortable.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 21, 2014 -> 03:12 AM)
I'm surprised you'd say this. I am not a Ventura advocate at all but when you have a 3-4 run lead and you used your 2 best guys 2 innings each last night who did you expect to pitch ? Downs and Francisco have to pitch when a lead is semi-comfortable.

I'm fine with Downs starting that inning. However, once the rally started, I would have preferred Webb over FF

Tough part of the batting order.

Shouldn't have been a test of Belisario, but here we are anyway.

Cleto's probably on his way back, or Heath, or De Los Santos.

I wonder if Downs will make it through the entire season without getting released? He certainly has no trade value.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 20, 2014 -> 10:12 PM)

Exactly.

It was more the lack of bullpen warming up I was upset about. But Putnam warmed up very quickly. I thought he was going to leave frank in there forever like he has in and

Few games.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2014 -> 08:13 PM)
Thought Flowers was just going to free fall into the .240's.

Kudos to Tyler for battling his way through this tough period and at least not being an automatic out.

You'll have to wait a little longer beforing declaring Flowers to be permanently under .300 ( again) :P