5/28 Games

flavum

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 28, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)
Sanchez has been on an absolute tear lately.

We'll probably see him and Micah up in September.

Edited by robinventura23

Love seeing that Carlos is driving the ball and he is still only 21 will be 22 later in June.

Over his last 10 .381/.426/.619 - 1.045, for the season .293/.373/.394 - .767. I still think is ceiling is Erick Aybar and his mid being Everth Cabrera, I also think he is more than capable of playing a average to slightly above SS, which is why it is very important to sell high on Ramirez and his career year instead of a year to late. Very few players at age 32 turn it on and take their career to another level especially in this day and age.

QUOTE (beautox @ May 28, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
Love seeing that Carlos is driving the ball and he is still only 21 will be 22 later in June.

Over his last 10 .381/.426/.619 - 1.045, for the season .293/.373/.394 - .767. I still think is ceiling is Erick Aybar and his mid being Everth Cabrera, I also think he is more than capable of playing a average to slightly above SS, which is why it is very important to sell high on Ramirez and his career year instead of a year to late. Very few players at age 32 turn it on and take their career to another level especially in this day and age.

If the Sox see him at the SS of the future then he would be playing there everyday. I don't disagree with your assessment, but the way the Sox are handling him doesn't quite agree.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 28, 2014 -> 04:16 PM)
Don't disagree, but who is the SS of the future?

Anderson has more work to do than Sanchez -- and he's only a year younger.

I agree that Anderson is a long ways away still. I don't really want the Sox to trade Ramirez yet because he is a favorite player of mine, but if they get the right haul then I think it is the right move. If they did trade him this season then it would have to be one of Sanchez, Semien, or Garcia that takes over for this season and next season. In my opinion, they haven't publicly shown that they favor one of those guys over the other as far as SS is concerned.

Sanchez has impressed me with the bat and the improvement at AAA this season. I have never seen him play short stop with my own eyes though so I have no idea if he can handle it at the big league level.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 28, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)
Don't disagree, but who is the SS of the future?

Anderson has more work to do than Sanchez -- and he's only a year younger.

SS of the future is likely not even in our system at this time. Ramirez is good for another 5 years.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 28, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
Sanchez you mean?

No. I wanted to add Semien to the "SS of the future" conversation because he is probably still the most likely candidate in our system