Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 01:35 PM)
So you want to trade Patrick Sharp and don't want anything to do with Ryan Kesler? Did you GM the Islanders recently?

Remember how he was so excited for TT, and was anointing him the savior before he even played a game (and he probably had never seen him skate before, either)? He probably thinks he can play both wing AND center on the 2nd line.

Edited by IlliniKrush

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)
Lot of Blackhawk fans already?

I know the Wisconsin Badgers are pretty popular.

Still you would think a team would do better there than Phoenix or Florida.

Thats kind of my point, they expanded south and those teams have all had problems drawing. You would think Milwaukee would be able to maintain a NHL franchise better than Phoenix/Tampa/Florida/Atlanta.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:21 PM)
Honest question, why isnt there a NHL franchise in Wisconsin? It would seem to me that would be a good place to have one, they are pretty hockey crazy

Bill Wirtz blocked any talk of that way back in the day. Now, why nothing has happened in the last 2 decades? Can't explain that.

Google "Bill Wirtz Wisconsin NHL".

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)
Thank god? He leads the team in goals every year. Why are you so excited to get rid of him?

Nothing to do with his past performances, I just worry he is going to fall off the table any season now and I would like to save that money for Kane/Toews and other holes. I like the guy, I just worry about that contract.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
Bill Wirtz blocked any talk of that way back in the day. Now, why nothing has happened in the last 2 decades? Can't explain that.

Google "Bill Wirtz Wisconsin NHL".

Ah, I can totally see that. I will check this out after work, thanks

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
Remember how he was so excited for TT, and was anointing him the savior before he even played a game (and he probably had never seen him skate before, either)? He probably thinks he can play both wing AND center on the 2nd line.

I did? Let me see the evidence of that. Unless of course that doesn't fit your attack, then just keep making things up.

I was excited for TT, yes, and I still am.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
I did? Let me see the evidence of that. Unless of course that doesn't fit your attack, then just keep making things up.

I was excited for TT, yes, and I still am.

You were all over him, you know it, I don't need to go search archives for it. I mean, that has to be the only way you can think to justify not wanting Sharp here, but also hating the idea of Kesler. Top 6 forwards anyone?

And you're worried about the Sharp contract? Guys with worse contracts than Sharp: Hossa, Bickell, Crawford. Anything you say about Sharp at this point in regards to age or regression or "falling off the table," is that +100 for Hossa.

BTW, if trading TT means solving the 2nd line center problem and getting another Cup or two, I'm all for it. The window is NOW, and TT may not be ready (if he ever is) to be elite for a few years. They have to be aggressive. The lack of fixing the center problem for four years was painfully obvious against the Kings.

They hesitated on grabbing Jeff Carter 2 years ago, and we see how that worked out.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 03:37 PM)
You were all over him, you know it, I don't need to go search archives for it. I mean, that has to be the only way you can think to justify not wanting Sharp here, but also hating the idea of Kesler. Top 6 forwards anyone?

And you're worried about the Sharp contract? Guys with worse contracts than Sharp: Hossa, Bickell, Crawford. Anything you say about Sharp at this point in regards to age or regression or "falling off the table," is that +100 for Hossa.

BTW, if trading TT means solving the 2nd line center problem and getting another Cup or two, I'm all for it. The window is NOW, and TT may not be ready (if he ever is) to be elite for a few years. They have to be aggressive. The lack of fixing the center problem for four years was painfully obvious against the Kings.

They hesitated on grabbing Jeff Carter 2 years ago, and we see how that worked out.

Since you are too lazy to back up your claims, I'll have to find them for you....

Here are the only 4 comments I made about Tuevo....

"TT tonight, I hope. So stoked."

"Teuvo Time tonight.

"I expect nothing less than 2 goals and 2 assists out of Viner tonight." ".....But seriously, he looked pretty solid out there. Made a couple nice defensive plays and although it seemed like he barely had the puck tonight, he did show his quick hands and stick handling. He couldn't have been any less physical though. I was afraid someone was going to hit him and he'd break in half."

"Morin was great, Benny Smith has been turning a corner this spring, but unfortunately Teuvo rots on the healthy scratch list.... is there no league this kid can be playing in right now?"

You let me know which of those 4 times I was anointing him the savior. And don't even try to point to my obviously sarcastic comment about expecting 4 points in his debut. That was a joke about his expectations on twitter.

I would be thrilled if we were able to get out from under Hossa's contract, but no one is going to want to take that on. Sharp's contract isn't one that can't be moved. He has more trade value than any of those 4 guys, which is why I want him moved. A return would free up money and hopefully fill some holes. I'm sorry you don't agree with that?

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
Since you are too lazy to back up your claims, I'll have to find them for you....

Here are the only 4 comments I made about Tuevo....

"TT tonight, I hope. So stoked."

"Teuvo Time tonight.

"I expect nothing less than 2 goals and 2 assists out of Viner tonight." ".....But seriously, he looked pretty solid out there. Made a couple nice defensive plays and although it seemed like he barely had the puck tonight, he did show his quick hands and stick handling. He couldn't have been any less physical though. I was afraid someone was going to hit him and he'd break in half."

"Morin was great, Benny Smith has been turning a corner this spring, but unfortunately Teuvo rots on the healthy scratch list.... is there no league this kid can be playing in right now?"

You let me know which of those 4 times I was anointing him the savior. And don't even try to point to my obviously sarcastic comment about expecting 4 points in his debut. That was a joke about his expectations on twitter.

I would be thrilled if we were able to get out from under Hossa's contract, but no one is going to want to take that on. Sharp's contract isn't one that can't be moved. He has more trade value than any of those 4 guys, which is why I want him moved. A return would free up money and hopefully fill some holes. I'm sorry you don't agree with that?

So now you're claiming it's sarcasm, after your first 2 posts? I can only imagine you were one of those guys on twitter re: expectations.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
So now you're claiming it's sarcasm, after your first 2 posts? I can only imagine you were one of those guys on twitter re: expectations.

I think his post showing his 4 posts proves that he never annointed him the savior. Give it up.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
And I don't want Kesler because I don't want to have to root for him. I wouldn't want Burrows or Bieksa either. I hate dirty players and I don't want them on my favorite teams, regardless of skill level. They aren't just faceless names on a scoresheet to me.

Are you okay with Bobby Hull being a team ambassador and spending time around the United Center?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
I wonder how much Stastny will get in free agency, I wouldnt mind looking at him either.

Pierre LeBrun just tweeted that multiple teams have already contacted his agent, and the Avs are still in the mix too. That probably means he will be too expensive for the Hawks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
Pierre LeBrun just tweeted that multiple teams have already contacted his agent, and the Avs are still in the mix too. That probably means he will be too expensive for the Hawks.

I'm not sure the Avs have that much money to spend.

Edit: I guess they have a lot right now with some players to sign, but in the next few years they have to sign their entire roster.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
I wonder how much Stastny will get in free agency, I wouldnt mind looking at him either.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)

I'd love absolutely love Stastny, but I don't think he'll be affordable.

Let's talk about something else. The assumption is that Kane and Toews will both be signed soon to possibly identical contracts, and everyone is excited about that. Not a lot of people are talking about for how much. But if Toews and Kane are looking for 12 mil each...yeah that can't happen. I'm hoping they get it done for 10 max (Getzlaf/Perry were at like 8.5ish last year). 12 mil each would cripple the ability to build around them, and I hope they understand that.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
I'd love absolutely love Stastny, but I don't think he'll be affordable.

Let's talk about something else. The assumption is that Kane and Toews will both be signed soon to possibly identical contracts, and everyone is excited about that. Not a lot of people are talking about for how much. But if Toews and Kane are looking for 12 mil each...yeah that can't happen. I'm hoping they get it done for 10 max (Getzlaf/Perry were at like 8.5ish last year). 12 mil each would cripple the ability to build around them, and I hope they understand that.

I don't know why but I always had the number in my head being around 8.5/9 million. I don't imagine them going over 10, I think they realize how it would hurt the team's long term outlook.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)
I don't know why but I always had the number in my head being around 8.5/9 million. I don't imagine them going over 10, I think they realize how it would hurt the team's long term outlook.

Yeah, I would guess that neither are looking for anything near max money, or anything that would take away from the team's ability to win. I fully expect to see a dual contract signing for identical terms for Kaner and Toews here in the next month or so.