Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 11:58 PM)
I'm really surprised the highest scoring team in the league just changed its whole image like that. A few shutouts of the Rangers and they're all buying into ride the hot goalie and keep the lead safe. You have to bury the Hawks to beat them . You keep it close and you're just asking for trouble.

Their depth kills them. Their bottom two lines don't produce at all and they get worn out up top.

I have a couple students wearing Hawks gear around. I assumed they were just liking the fashion. Turns out they are real hockey fans. Pretty cool. They are hoping to get up to Chicago for a game next season now that they are out of school. They also like the Cubs. So the extra credit was balanced by the ScRubs thing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
Jeff Nuich ‏@JeffNuich 41m41 minutes ago

TV RATINGS: #Blackhawks #StanleyCup Gm 1 - 28.0 avg in the Chicago mrkt...36.2 "peak" rtg = 1.26M homes tuning in.

Is 1.26M homes in Chicago or total?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
Enjoyed the camera angle behind teuvo seeing what he saw as he launched the puck. Incredible goal.

the growth of the use of the camera has been outstanding. i can't think of some other teams having a better crew. then again i am a chi fan.

the worst for me is Wash, Buf and 2 yrs ago one of the Canadian teams.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)

TV RATINGS: #Blackhawks #StanleyCup Gm 1 - 28.0 avg in the Chicago mrkt...36.2 "peak" rtg = 1.26M homes tuning in.

can you help me out, are these good numbers???

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 03:35 PM)
They are incredible numbers. Roughly translated that means about 1 in 3 televisions in the Chicago market was tuned to the Hawks game.

really freaking nice!!!!! :headbang

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)

So how do those numbers look in Tampa?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 01:36 PM)
So how do those numbers look in Tampa?

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/06/04/201...-in-tv-ratings/

In Tampa, Game 1 produced a 17.9 rating, which is good, for them.

The Lightning’s Game 7 Eastern Conference Final victory over the New York Rangers netted an 11.9.

Nationally, the game turned in a 4.23 overnight rating, the second-best Game 1 on NBC.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
Not having games 3 and 4 on NBC is stupid. I do not get why the NHL would allow games to be on the sub channel, especially for the Stanley Cup Finals.

Hard to pound on the table and make demands when the best Stanley Cup game rating equals the worst NBA Championship game rating

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
Not having games 3 and 4 on NBC is stupid. I do not get why the NHL would allow games to be on the sub channel, especially for the Stanley Cup Finals.

Not this s*** again, Krush, where are you? :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 1h1 hour ago

Bryan Bickell has a concussion. He's hopeful to play in Game 2, "but I really don't know." #Blackhawks

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 34m34 minutes ago

Joel Quenneville says it's not a concussion for Bryan Bickell. "He never had one." Bickell is talking like it's head related.

It's 2015 Coach Q, it's OK to admit to concussions.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)

Joel Quenneville says it's not a concussion for Bryan Bickell. "He never had one." Bickell is talking like it's head related.

He wouldn't admit a player had a leg amputation if he was skating around on one leg. He would just say a "lower body injury".

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)

with the way he is performing this season and esp in the playoff, i think it is the "head uip arse" injury.