2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)
This. We need guys who can score. Even better would be guys who can create their own scoring.

Stauskas to me is the next JJ Reddick/Kyle Korver, but potentially better because he's bigger and handles the ball well. He'd be an absolute steal if the Bulls could trade up to get him. As a Big Ten guy who watched a ton of his games, he's 100% legit.

Gary Harris may also be a good option, but he's a little undersized and doesn't shoot it nearly as well.

McDermott is a tweener and isn't as athletic as Stauskas. I wonder about his off-the-dribble capability. But so what, he can be a spot up guy for Rose.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 11:52 AM)
Isn't the Charlotte pick this year?

Yes.

If they stand pat with their picks I want Lavine and Clarkson then Jordan Bachynski in the 2nd. That's assuming we have Taj/Mirotic or Love/Mirotic at PF next year, if that doesn't happen then I want Lavine/Payne/Deonte Burton and hope to take a stab at that 7'5" monster outta New Mexico as a UDFA.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)
I cant comprehend why in the world you would want to move up for McDermott or Stauskas when they are going to be as good (if not better) options available at the Bulls 2 picks.

Id take 1 of Ennis/Napier then your choice of Lavine/Anderson/Payne/Hood.

Dont really like trading up unless its for a top 5. where your worst case scenario is Randall/Embiid/Exum

Agreed with your first part. Moving up to grab Stauskas would be horrific.

I don't think Hood falls to 16, or out of the lottery for that matter. Espn mock today had Bulls taking Ennis and Hood. That's best case scenario IMO. I'd throw Payne in there as well.

I wouldn't mind trading up to tenish. In a deep draft one of the big names like Gordon is bound to fall at least a little. But I'd probably wait and see until draft time.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
Lavine won't drop that far.

And no thanks on Payne. Just not an NBA player IMO. At best he's a bench guy. Too many other guys with legit potential.

If Lavine doesn't fall that far I'd be more than happy with Hairston or Adams.

What makes you say Payne isn't an NBA player? He looks like a poor mans Chris Bosh to me. If they don't bring over or trade Mirotic he'd be a bench player.

I dont think you are looking for Payne to carry an offense. But if the Bulls believe they are going to get Melo or someone who can score, having a guy like Payne to back up Taj and generally give good defensive minutes isnt the worst thing you can have on your team.

I just think at worst your getting a guy who can contribute in the first year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)
I dont think you are looking for Payne to carry an offense. But if the Bulls believe they are going to get Melo or someone who can score, having a guy like Payne to back up Taj and generally give good defensive minutes isnt the worst thing you can have on your team.

I just think at worst your getting a guy who can contribute in the first year.

I mean, yeah if they get Melo that's fine as a back-up. But I don't want any more guys on the team that are good defense/good rebounder types. I want offensive players. Otherwise they're just setting up for failure again. We need guys to shoot. That's how you beat Miami. See, the Spurs.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 12:40 PM)
I mean, yeah if they get Melo that's fine as a back-up. But I don't want any more guys on the team that are good defense/good rebounder types. I want offensive players. Otherwise they're just setting up for failure again. We need guys to shoot. That's how you beat Miami. See, the Spurs.

Payne's a really good shooter for his size. Hit 42% from 3 pt. range last season.

Mike McGraw ‏@McGrawDHBulls 10m

Have to wonder if Dario Saric is in play for Bulls now that he'll stay in Europe for 2 more yrs. If he's there at 16, could save cap space.

I wouldn't hate this one bit if it means cap room for a star.....GIMME ALL DA STRETCH 4S!

From scouting videos he looks like he might be more athletic and have a better inside game than Mirotic.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
Payne shot 42% from 3 last year and 38% the year before.

And the Bulls need good players. If im not getting a guy I really believe in id rather get 2 and hope that 1 pans out.

I am a fan of keeping both of our picks (unless they are used to add a star) vs. trading up just to have 1 pick. I expect us to only use 1 pick with the other pick going to a Euro player and if we can nab Saric that is a great win for this franchise, imo.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
I feel like it's been made pretty clear that the Bulls will not select and start the season with two domestic 1st rounders. At least one of then picks will be traded or used to stow away foreign talent. Saric seems to be a great option if he falls to us and remains insistent on staying abroad.

The problem is...if they're looking to trade those picks, the team acquiring them may want two domestic first rounders, and if they draft a foreign player it could prevent them from making a move this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
The problem is...if they're looking to trade those picks, the team acquiring them may want two domestic first rounders, and if they draft a foreign player it could prevent them from making a move this year.

Could be a good point....I have a feeling the Bulls and Minny/Magic/NY have already discussed these sort of things.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
I would hope their draft plans are based around bringing in a super star. If the Bulls do trade their 1st rounders, I am not sure who the team receiving them selects matters.

Would the Bulls actually be able to get a deal done before the draft for someone like Anthony who has already indicated he's opting out? That's a bunch of rules I have no idea about.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
Would the Bulls actually be able to get a deal done before the draft for someone like Anthony who has already indicated he's opting out? That's a bunch of rules I have no idea about.

Not under the rules. They can't even talk to Anthony until July 1st.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)

So in other words, it's really, really tough to trade those draft picks for him. Could they trade them for Love/Afflalo before the draft since those guys are under contract? That works right?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
So in other words, it's really, really tough to trade those draft picks for him. Could they trade them for Love/Afflalo before the draft since those guys are under contract? That works right?

Yes.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
Yes.

Could the Bulls have had contact with Phil regarding a sign and trade for Anthony involving those picks even if they aren't allowed to directly talk to Anthony? Such that the Knicks could say "if you drafted person X we might be more likely to consider this deal but we cannot guarantee that Carmelo would be into it".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 11:51 AM)

Pretty sure that would be worked out by draft day. Unless of course we are talking Melo here.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)

Players can, but front office / coaches can't. They could do a lot of back-channeling through someone like Noah.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
Could the Bulls have had contact with Phil regarding a sign and trade for Anthony involving those picks even if they aren't allowed to directly talk to Anthony? Such that the Knicks could say "if you drafted person X we might be more likely to consider this deal but we cannot guarantee that Carmelo would be into it".

That is a good question. I would think they could.

I think the Bulls work out a trade for Love tomorrow night and everyone wins. Melo can say he was seriously considering the Bulls when he's at his Knicks press conference, getting him off the hook for saying it's not about the money, when it was about the money, and we will get to hear Lebron say he was really, really interested in joining DRose. The Bulls still get their guy and the other guys can claim they would have seriously considered playing for less in order to win with the Bulls. It will also save all of us Bulls fans from the usual just missed we seem to have been now programmed to expect with Gar/Pax.