2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Silvy ‏@WaddleandSilvy 7m

Jim Boeheim told us that he believes Melo would leave money on the table to play with the #Bulls.

Oh so now we're asking his college coach...

I can't wait until all of this is over.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=3003809:date=Jun 23, 2014 -> 10:51 AM:name=Jenksismyb****)-->
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 10:51 AM)
<!--quotec-->For what though?

Stephen A. Smith this morning said Melo's priority is money, but the Knicks and Phil Jackson have made Melo believe that they're not going to offer him max money. More like 100 million (a little more than the 96 max he can get with another team), not the 120+ million max deal. If true, money won't be a big factor in his decision.

doesn't sound like he's leaving to me :(

Meh, not a single f*ck gven by me if he doesn't come to the Bulls. I have him figured as someone who would take the money over a chance at a title. He's just using us as leverage and as much as we like s***ting on the FO, if a player you're targeting just doesn't want to be here, really, what can you do?

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

The Chicago Bulls have been linked most prominently to a deal with Orlando involving shooting guard Arron Afflalo, although sources say that’s not likely happening on draft night, but it’s still very much in play. The dark horse to obtain Afflalo still remains the Charlotte Hornets, who have long coveted him and are willing to give up the ninth pick and a roster player to do it.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-l...-draft-edition/

I think I'd prefer the 9th + a player than to get the 16th + 19th for Affalo.

Depends on if a Marcus Smart type of player falls down that far though I suppose.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 08:28 AM)
@Chris_Broussard

LeBron James' agent Rich Paul has told Heat LeBron will exercise early termination option

Honestly, it might be time to find a new team. He might see how quickly it's starting to fall apart in Miami. Plus, I think that even though he clearly was the heart and soul of that team, he needs to get away from Wade to cement his legacy.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)
@WojYahooNBA

LeBron James will opt-out of deal, source confirms. He's determined to impose pressure on Miami to improve roster and spend, sources say.

Aka he's not happy with them. That Pat Riley presser reeked of absolute desperation last week. It was pathetic.

I honestly think he's gone. Not sure where.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 07:57 AM)
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-l...-draft-edition/

I think I'd prefer the 9th + a player than to get the 16th + 19th for Affalo.

Depends on if a Marcus Smart type of player falls down that far though I suppose.

Kings are said to be taking to teams about the 8th pick, I believe the Bulls are one of them....Perhaps they can work out a 3 team deal? When you say 9th + a player what type of player are we talking here. If the Bulls do get the 8th pick who would you want to go with it for Arron?

Bulls fans, if they did get the 8th, would you rather trade it for the proven Afflalo, or take a "risk" on a guy like Stauskas/Harris/Lavine, which would also give them more cap flexibility.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
Whatever happened to the greatest draft ever? Teams are trying to dump draft picks just like any other draft.

It's really deep with talent. If you're not picking in the top 5 trading down and picking up multiple picks seems like a smart thing to do.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 08:55 AM)
I read LeBron and Melo to Philly.

MCW-WIGGINS-BRON-MELO-NOEL would be unfair. I don't know why my auto correct decided to capitalize all that.

The guys on ESPN (Broussard/Windhorst) were on Mike & Mike this morning and basically said a Lebron/Melo pairing is impossible. No team has enough cap space to make it work.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:03 AM)
The guys on ESPN (Broussard/Windhorst) were on Mike & Mike this morning and basically said a Lebron/Melo pairing is impossible. No team has enough cap space to make it work.

If both take the max. If someone truly takes less......

I'm beginning to think just focus on Love. Everything I read/hear about Melo, and what I've seen of him in the past, he just wants to be paid. He doesn't care about winning as much. I mean, isn't it a sign that the Bulls had to reach out to people that know him and have coached him to find out what kind of guy he is? For a superstar that can't be a good sign.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
I'm beginning to think just focus on Love. Everything I read/hear about Melo, and what I've seen of him in the past, he just wants to be paid. He doesn't care about winning as much. I mean, isn't it a sign that the Bulls had to reach out to people that know him and have coached him to find out what kind of guy he is? For a superstar that's can't be a good sign.

I think Melo and LeBron are just playing their teams. Melo for more $$$, LeBron for better surrounding talent.

Love just wants out of the sinkhole that is Minnesota.

Oh man, If I was Houston I would throw everything I possibly could at LeBron. They would be set up better than when the Heat started and their window would be much longer. It would be the perfect fit for him if he wants to win more titles. Wade is toast, why the hell would he opt out? The Heat cant really improve that roster much than what they have. The only other thing I could see is a return to Cleveland to try and right the wrong he did 4 years ago.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
Oh man, If I was Houston I would throw everything I possibly could at LeBron. They would be set up better than when the Heat started and their window would be much longer. It would be the perfect fit for him if he wants to win more titles. Wade is toast, why the hell would he opt out? The Heat cant really improve that roster much than what they have. The only other thing I could see is a return to Cleveland to try and right the wrong he did 4 years ago.

How would that work? Sign and trade with Lin/Asik going to Miami? They are expiring contracts.