2014-2015 NBA thread

The Lakers may give up the #7 pick to get Klay Thompson and Love to GS? Are the Lakers insane? I like Klay but not for a #7 in this draft, along with letting Love go to another western conference team.

I'm all for Afflalo and Melo next year.

Edited by Brian

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
What does this mean? Haha

That my head tells me the only thing that will be interesting is how many pages of disagreement we get before the Bulls sign Mirotic, make 2 draft picks, and call it an offseason.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)
That my head tells me the only thing that will be interesting is how many pages of disagreement we get before the Bulls sign Mirotic, make 2 draft picks, and call it an offseason.

Chad Ford did say Mirotic would be a top 6 guy in this draft. One way or another the Bulls will bring in a big name IMO. They have to.. Business as usual is not going to work.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)

With Taj being told he's gonna start it's obvious they will amnesty Boozer, that's 15M off the books. Do you really think they're just gonna sit on that?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
With Taj being told he's gonna start it's obvious they will amnesty Boozer, that's 15M off the books. Do you really think they're just gonna sit on that?

They always try to do something, but this year it looks like they will do something even if they have to overpay. A post a while back said too bad they don't play the NBA season in the summer, and they are right. The Bulls would be a top destination. Who wants to spend their winters here?

BTW Marc Steins most recent Love article did not even mention a Bulls. This is such a hack organization, the only difference between the Bulls and Atlanta Hawks was the 2008 lucky draft.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
If the bulls wanted to land superstars they could land them. They don't want to.

I just can't understand why people think this is true.....Are they not said to be interested in Melo? *Grumble grumble* It's all lies!!! 9/11 was an inside job!

Given the supposed asking prices, I'd stay out of the Kevin Love bidding and focus on a tried and true method: woo a superstar in his prime so that he strong arms his way onto your team.

Lol at the panic. I'm glad the bulls are exploring other options and not putting all their eggs in the melo basket.

Also with klay being offered the bulls shouldn't and wouldn't attempt to beat it.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 01:52 PM)

I could convince myself that will cover Mirotic, the draft picks, a MLE-level guy for bench depth, and an extension for Butler. That could push them right back to over the cap.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
I could convince myself that will cover Mirotic, the draft picks, a MLE-level guy for bench depth, and an extension for Butler. That could push them right back to over the cap.

Meh, I guess there's no swaying people so I'm just gonna let it ride.

Looking more into Afflalo more, he seems to really make since for this team. If all goes wrong and 1. LBJ stays in Miami and Melo stays in NY (Nothing we can do about that), and 2. we don't wanna trade Noah+ for Love (which most here don't wanna do) then I'd have no problem with Afflalo being the major piece brought in......He was a borderline All Star last year and the Bulls would be able to build a really strong bench with the extra money they save.

Again not my first choice, but not a bad choice.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)

Looking more into Afflalo more, he seems to really make since for this team. If all goes wrong and 1. LBJ stays in Miami and Melo stays in NY (Nothing we can do about that), and 2. we don't wanna trade Noah+ for Love (which most here don't wanna do) then I'd have no problem with Afflalo being the major piece brought in......He was a borderline All Star last year and the Bulls would be able to build a really strong bench with the extra money they save.

Anything short of landing a 2nd superstar is a failure IMO.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
Anything short of landing a 2nd superstar is a failure IMO.

And what if Melo and Lebron decide to stay with their respective teams? Are you willing to give Noah for Love? If not there is simply nothing they could have done, but I'm sure we'll still hear it.

Now if Melo and Lebron hit the market, and Love gets traded for a package that's worse than what the Bulls could have offered, and the Bulls end up with none of em, then yes, it will be a failure, and I'll join the FO hate bandwagon.

Edited by scs787

Not getting the best players available is one thing. We've clearly done that. We have at least done it out of what seems to be a principled stance that we believe in deep squads a la Spurs. Unfortunately, our best player has been hurt since the plan seemed to start working.

That doesn't mean that our fruitless plan to build a team that is impressive from top to bottom is the one we should stick to. What it does mean is that it would be dumb and make mockery of everything else that has been done to completely gut the franchise of all of its assets to bring in a star player.

Imagine a deal of...this year's 2 first rounders, Mirotic, Butler, and Noah for Love. That's an awful deal because you're left with a team that has Rose, Love, and Taj only. Even if only Taj is the one to go, you've basically decided that your team will have 3 or 4 NBA playoff-caliber starters on it, at best. The whole point of the easy-does-it approach is that we should be able to make the big, bold move and bring a star player onto a team that is built to win. This is why I think we should ignore this Love business entirely if it is as it seems and focus completely on Carmelo, since we can likely get him to the team without moving nearly every positive asset the franchise has. I see no scenario in which we get Melo yet have a shallow team.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)

Acquiring just Afflalo does nothing for us.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 03:02 PM)
Not getting the best players available is one thing. We've clearly done that. We have at least done it out of what seems to be a principled stance that we believe in deep squads a la Spurs. Unfortunately, our best player has been hurt since the plan seemed to start working.

That doesn't mean that our fruitless plan to build a team that is impressive from top to bottom is the one we should stick to. What it does mean is that it would be dumb and make mockery of everything else that has been done to completely gut the franchise of all of its assets to bring in a star player.

Imagine a deal of...this year's 2 first rounders, Mirotic, Butler, and Noah for Love. That's an awful deal because you're left with a team that has Rose, Love, and Taj only. Even if only Taj is the one to go, you've basically decided that your team will have 3 or 4 NBA playoff-caliber starters on it, at best. The whole point of the easy-does-it approach is that we should be able to make the big, bold move and bring a star player onto a team that is built to win. This is why I think we should ignore this Love business entirely if it is as it seems and focus completely on Carmelo, since we can likely get him to the team without moving nearly every positive asset the franchise has. I see no scenario in which we get Melo yet have a shallow team.

Why would Minnesota take Noah in a Love deal anyway? He's a free agent again in 2016 and would never sign there.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 07:54 PM)
If not there is simply nothing they could have done, but I'm sure we'll still hear it.

LOL it already begins. This is why bulls front office behaves the way they do.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
LOL it already begins. This is why bulls front office behaves the way they do.

I mean seriously, if Melo and Lebron stay put what can you do? Unless you wanna trade Noah+ for Love which you're already against. This isn't Xbox where they can force these things to happen.

Melo is nice, but I'd like to get greedy and get both Love and Affalo. Would like to see if we have enough trade chips to get both.

If all Magic is looking for is a first rounder, we can package Dunleavy, combination of James, Amundson and Brewer and the 16th pick for Affalo.

For Love, we will offer the rights to Mirotic, the carcass of Carlos Boozer, the 19th pick, first rounder next year, and the rights to the Kings pick for K Love.

If we can somehow get Love without losing the defensive value of Taj and Jimmy, this team is going to be tremendous. Noah-Love-Butler-Affalo-Rose with Taj, Snell coming off the bench would be fun to watch.