2014-2015 NBA thread

Link

During last night’s playoff game against the Chicago Bulls, the Cleveland Cavaliers showed the video below, which was removed from the team’s Vimeo page this morning, on the in-arena jumbotron. The premise of the skit, which is supposed to be a Dirty Dancing spoof, is that a Cavs fan physically harms his Bulls fan girlfriend—whom we see writhing on the floor in agony—until she too starts rooting for the Cavs. That’s not good.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
Yeah, whoever decided on that skit was an idiot.

It's also awful as a skit, even when you take out the throwing his girlfriend on the floor thing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
im sure there is a PR intern that is currently packing his box and leaving the building

If Houston fired the person who posted a gun at a horse emoij's head, I would have to think this is just a tad bit worse

Blatt says Shumpert may miss Game 3.

Honestly, trading Shump for Smith could help the Bulls a lot. Shump plays good D and for some reason has become Steph Curry this series.

At least with Smith, you lose the defense and gain boneheaded plays.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 7, 2015 -> 01:32 PM)
If Houston fired the person who posted a gun at a horse emoij's head, I would have to think this is just a tad bit worse

i didnt think the emoji part was the bad part, i thought the "sssssshhhhh be quiet it will be over soon" text was the part that got him fired. JMO

Also for tomorrows game:

Noah needs to absolutely have a shorter hook to get Niko's mismatch abilities in there. He can drag TT out to the 3 point line and abuse Perkins/Miller/Jones when they're at the 4.

Snell needs some burn if Brooks isn't on fire from the start. Snell can at least defend Smith, which we'll need.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
Also for tomorrows game:

Noah needs to absolutely have a shorter hook to get Niko's mismatch abilities in there. He can drag TT out to the 3 point line and abuse Perkins/Miller/Jones when they're at the 4.

Snell needs some burn if Brooks isn't on fire from the start. Snell can at least defend Smith, which we'll need.

I think Thibs has made it pretty clear so far that Niko isn't going to get much burn in this series.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
I think Thibs has made it pretty clear so far that Niko isn't going to get much burn in this series.

I wanted to see some more of Snell and Niko yesterday. I will say, Niko did not play well against the Bucks, but I wondered how much of that was due to his injury and of course that could also be why we aren't seeing him now. It is one thing if we are cleaning up the glass that we don't want Niko in (cause Cleveland has some very good O-Rebounders) but it is another when we are getting whipped on the boards anyway. I've long said I want to see more Taj and I think Taj / Pau and Noah / Miro would be a nice pairing on both sides of things but with all of the Bulls injuries, we never were really able to do a whole lot with rotations.

I do hope Noah can get a full off-season and get healthier. I also think a lot of it right now is mental struggles too...he needs to feel confident and he doesn't currently and it is very obvious. I've never seen him so inaccurate and unwilling with his offensive game. Mainly, I've never seen him miss so many of his running hooks / layups, which when he is going well, he does quite a bit and it adds pressure to the defense..but right now defense is sitting back and he isn't doing anything to force them on him and thus it puts more pressure on every other player on the court.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
I wanted to see some more of Snell and Niko yesterday. I will say, Niko did not play well against the Bucks, but I wondered how much of that was due to his injury and of course that could also be why we aren't seeing him now. It is one thing if we are cleaning up the glass that we don't want Niko in (cause Cleveland has some very good O-Rebounders) but it is another when we are getting whipped on the boards anyway. I've long said I want to see more Taj and I think Taj / Pau and Noah / Miro would be a nice pairing on both sides of things but with all of the Bulls injuries, we never were really able to do a whole lot with rotations.

I do hope Noah can get a full off-season and get healthier. I also think a lot of it right now is mental struggles too...he needs to feel confident and he doesn't currently and it is very obvious. I've never seen him so inaccurate and unwilling with his offensive game. Mainly, I've never seen him miss so many of his running hooks / layups, which when he is going well, he does quite a bit and it adds pressure to the defense..but right now defense is sitting back and he isn't doing anything to force them on him and thus it puts more pressure on every other player on the court.

Noah's regression has been borderline insane.

Here's a guy that could occasionally explode for 20 pts/10 reb/10 ast and no one would blink an eye. Now if he scores 5 points it's a shock.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 7, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)

Here's a guy that could occasionally explode for 20 pts/10 reb/10 ast and no one would blink an eye. Now if he scores 5 points it's a shock.

I always remember Noah struggling with his offense when he didn't get to have a normal off-season. I think it was the year he had really bad plantar fascias or something else where he imploded offensively as well (never was able to find his rhythm). I think he is a major confidence player and not having the opportunity to build up his confidence and have full off-seasons impacts him more than most players. I really hope he's able to unwind after winning a title this off-season and comes back as a force. He is way too likable and way too good when he's at his best.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)

He used to get 10 points on putbacks. That's what amazes me. Completely gone. Rose drives and Noah putbacks were our 2011 offense.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
I always remember Noah struggling with his offense when he didn't get to have a normal off-season. I think it was the year he had really bad plantar fascias or something else where he imploded offensively as well (never was able to find his rhythm). I think he is a major confidence player and not having the opportunity to build up his confidence and have full off-seasons impacts him more than most players. I really hope he's able to unwind after winning a title this off-season and comes back as a force. He is way too likable and way too good when he's at his best.

He had knee surgery this summer.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)

Not when you consider his knee problems. He has no lift, and it shows.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
http://www.csnchicago.com/page/bulls-pulse

jimmy buckets presser for MIP

Gar and Thibs are actually sitting next each other. In two different locations. Someone call Woj!

jon greenberg ‏@jon_greenberg 29m29 minutes ago

Yes, people, amid the "noise,"!Thibs and Gar can still sit near each other.

CEbaQkyVAAAGfpe.jpg

Edited by Jenksismybitch