GAME THREAD 7/8: SOX @ BOS

Eaton has been up and down offensively, which isn't super surprising to me as he had limited MLB experience coming into the year. His "injury issues" are completely overblown to me as he's had one stint of missed time for injury and seems to be playing uninhibited otherwise. I wouldn't mind seeing him swipe a few more bags but he hasn't really been excellent at that at other levels.

What has completely surprised me is how great he looks defensively. For a guy playing for the first time in many of these parks, he looks awesome out there. I didn't really expect that.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)
isn't his knee still sore?

Looks fine to me.. I don't know why that would effect where he bats in the line up. If he is good enough to be put in the line up, hit him where he should be hitting against RHP

QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 06:07 PM)
Anyone else having problems with MLB.tv? I thought it might've been my internet, but it looks like everything is working fine except for MLB.tv apps - Xbox, ipad.

Yes. Lots of freezes. Exited and tried to reload and now I can't get back in.

Gillaspie bats lower because he has struggled lately and you want someone to bat in the middle of all those turds in the bottom of the order. It also doesn't hurt to ensure Abreu bats in the first inning

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:15 PM)
Gillaspie bats lower because he has struggled lately and you want someone to bat in the middle of all those turds in the bottom of the order. It also doesn't hurt to ensure Abreu bats in the first inning

Beckham sucks against RHP, put Gillaspie 2nd.. He has struggled a bit but is still one of our better hitters this year.. He shouldn't be hitting that low when you have 2 guys in front of him that can't hit and have struggled way worse then Gillaspie

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
Beckham sucks against RHP, put Gillaspie 2nd.. He has struggled a bit but is still one of our better hitters this year.. He shouldn't be hitting that low when you have 2 guys in front of him that can't hit and have struggled way worse then Gillaspie

As others have said, I think Beckham's status as trade bait is why we don't want to move him out of the 2 spot. Likewise, putting Gillaspie in the 2 spot behind Eaton is a recipe for disaster because it guarantees that Gillaspie sees LHP late in games and he is awful against lefties

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:26 PM)
As others have said, I think Beckham's status as trade bait is why we don't want to move him out of the 2 spot. Likewise, putting Gillaspie in the 2 spot behind Eaton is a recipe for disaster because it guarantees that Gillaspie sees LHP late in games and he is awful against lefties

I feel like keeping him at the 2 hole right now is actually hurting his value..

Gillaspie has been seeing a lefty almost every night already so it wouldn't be much of a difference. I feel like that is an easy cop out reason to keep Beckham there.

18 consective innings in a row without a run for Boston.

Not good. Danks is giving them plenty of chances, 4 walks...in the Top 10 for that category, as well as 14 homers allowed (28 in 2013).

Lucky the wind didn't help Ross' ball over the Green Monster there.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:15 PM)

Because the strong arm of Beckham MUST bat second.

LOL

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 06:32 PM)
I knew Beckham was struggling but wow have his overall numbers really plummeted.

He's another game or two from being below .200 against RHP.

It won't get any easier for him against Rubby De La Rosa tmrw.

Flowers strikes out. Not newsworthy.

Edited by caulfield12

I thought this year would be a bit of a cleanse with some new faces but my sunny outlook is being pissed on by the same old Beckham and Flowers. I look forward to never seeing either as a starting player on the Sox after this season. Flowers can stay around as a backup catcher if he wants, Beckham can just go away.

Things are getting so bad, I wouldn't be against bringing back AJ Pierzysnki for one year, lol.

Carp, Gomes, AJ, Peavy are all on the block.

Napoli will generate a lot of trade interest, but he's been slumping recently. Unfortunately not LHed.

If you're the Red Sox, do you try to trade Lester? Big decision. Harder to bring him back, but they've been pretty open to letting veterans at age 30 or above leave for greener pastures.

Still, he's their ace.

Edited by caulfield12