GAME THREAD 7/8: SOX @ BOS

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 06:36 PM)
I thought this year would be a bit of a cleanse with some new faces but my sunny outlook is being pissed on by the same old Beckham and Flowers. I look forward to never seeing either as a starting player on the Sox after this season. Flowers can stay around as a backup catcher if he wants, Beckham can just go away.

More like an enema.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:36 AM)
I thought this year would be a bit of a cleanse with some new faces but my sunny outlook is being pissed on by the same old Beckham and Flowers. I look forward to never seeing either as a starting player on the Sox after this season. Flowers can stay around as a backup catcher if he wants, Beckham can just go away.

No thanks to Flowers as a back up. Time to cut him loose, this is ridiculous.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 12:41 AM)
We need new faces after the All-Star break

Unless he's traded, Beckham will continue to bat 2nd in my opinion. Unfortunately, I can't see him having much value at all unless it's a team that has always liked him and feel he's a change of scenery candidate.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
More like an enema.

At this point I would be on board with trading Beckham for any live body A ball pitcher in the mold the Sox like (stuff, control problems) and start Semian the rest of the year at 2B. Or if not Semian, Sanchez.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:42 PM)
At this point I would be on board with trading Beckham for any live body A ball pitcher in the mold the Sox like (stuff, control problems) and start Semian the rest of the year at 2B. Or if not Semian, Sanchez.

I could see Saladino or Sanchez coming up to play 2B since Semien has been struggling so much

Danks not doing to good this inning. Have to limit the damage

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:45 PM)
I could see Saladino or Sanchez coming up to play 2B since Semien has been struggling so much

Danks not doing to good this inning. Have to limit the damage

I'd like to see Sanchez come up less because of Semien but because he's a really nice prospect who's hot.

Bogaerts 4/6 with 2 walks career-wise against Danks.

So much for the lead.

Need to trade him ASAP. There's just no way he's going to be anything but a .500ish 4th starter. That's not worth the money they are paying him, even in modern baseball economics.

The only out this inning was hit 410 feet.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 06:49 PM)
Danks trying to blow this game...

Boston was the World Series winner last year. As bad as things have gotten, they still have a lot of pride...and even the belief they can get back into the race this year, albeit a faint belief.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
Bogaerts 4/6 with 2 walks career-wise against Danks.

So much for the lead.

Need to trade him ASAP. There's just no way he's going to be anything but a .500ish 4th starter. That's not worth the money they are paying him, even in modern baseball economics.

The only out this inning was hit 410 feet.

He is not worth his contract in any era.