GAME THREAD 7/8: SOX @ BOS

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Caulfield I think Eaton's season has been a bit of a disappointment. Basically the book on him is "good player when 100% healthy, is rarely healthy, let alone 100%". That narrative is has proven true so far. He's got like .9 fWAR so he's hardly been a disaster but personally I felt he was more of a 3-4 WAR player and he's on pace for about 2.

When 100%, he's a very good player. He's almost never 100%. That said, he's a solid starter but I don't think the Sox can rely on him for a monster 4-5 WAR season where he plays 150 games very often.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
I stopped reading after that....

Pretty sure a 695 OPS and 264 average isn't very good...unless our bar is set really low.

Plus, he hasn't been walking or stealing enough bases for a leadoff hitter.

He's been okay, but I'd venture if you look up the expectations the day he was acquired, they were for a 750-825 OPS line, 340 OBP, etc.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 05:51 PM)
De Aza get out of the way!

Red Sox announcers seemed to think De Aza was right as Eaton had Drew played (too) deep and the ball was slicing back towards De Aza, and Eaton looked like he mightn't have got there.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:46 PM)
Pretty sure a 695 OPS and 264 average isn't very good...unless our bar is set really low.

Plus, he hasn't been walking or stealing enough bases for a leadoff hitter.

He's been okay, but I'd venture if you look up the expectations the day he was acquired, they were for a 750-825 OPS line, 340 OBP, etc.

Yea but the bar is low. We are in an offensively challenged era, to put it mildly, a 695 OPS and a 334 OBP from your good defensively CF is pretty valuable. That said, relative to my expectations I want to see more.

Mark Salas coaching 1B with Daryll Boston gone.

Salas is a rare palindrome.

BTW, the Justin Verlander Train got derailed again tonight. Five runs surrendered in the first inning (including a Juan Game-Winning URIBE tater).

Now batting, Jose Aruba....ugh...Abreu. Good job Red Sox radio team.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:02 AM)
Who saw Parent completely grab his package twice? lol

And the funny thing was that hawk (referring to something else of course) said....here it is the same time parent was crotch grabbing

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 06:03 PM)
If you guys are going to get this down on Eaton this quickly, you're just not going to enjoy being a baseball fan

Not down. Just expected a bit more.

It's good to have high expectations. After all, Adam was the one who helped to set them, just like Gordon did in his rookie season and when he was drafted.

Really, it wouldn't matter if his OPS was 625-650, we'd have no choice but to play him everyday.

So in Boston, Jose Abreu is Jose Aruba, DeAza is Diaz and Viciedo is Visay-yeahdo. Not good.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:07 PM)
Anyone else having problems with MLB.tv? I thought it might've been my internet, but it looks like everything is working fine except for MLB.tv apps - Xbox, ipad.

Yes, was trying to watch on my PS4 but it kept stopping every few minutes.. Working fine on my laptop

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)
Why is Nieto not starting tonight? And Gillaspie not batting higher in the line up?

I think I've figured this puzzle out.

Robin's an idiot.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 07:10 PM)
Yes, was trying to watch on my PS4 but it kept stopping every few minutes.. Working fine on my laptop

Ok, thanks. Tried xbox, ipad, and bluray. Going to PC now.

.....And that's not working for me either.

Edited by 1dog