Sox vs Royals

Heads22

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 04:05 AM)
Royals doing what they do to the Sox in the Cell. Maul them. Can we somehow win the series tomorrow with Shields going?

The Royals have a good team. We did win yesterday

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 03:05 AM)
This gloom and doom stuff concerning Beckham, Dunn, Ramirez, Viciedo, et al, is getting real old. We are losing a game that's all. I lost most of my hair but you don't hear me yelling about getting rid of combs and hair lotion :ph34r: :hawk:

El Rockin ... Beckham is something like 4 for 50. He's about .220 and he again this season is resembling Getz. He can't play the game of major league baseball.

Viciedo also needs to go. He's not a big-league hitter unfortunately.

Dunn is who he is. I'll give him his props. He's gotten a few big hits in his Sox years to go with the bad bad stuff.

Ramirez is great; I won't blast him ever.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:07 PM)
El Rockin ... Beckham is something like 4 for 50. He's about .220 and he again this season is resembling Getz. He can't play the game of major league baseball.

Viciedo also needs to go. He's not a big-league hitter unfortunately.

Dunn is who he is. I'll give him his props. He's gotten a few big hits in his Sox years to go with the bad bad stuff.

Ramirez is great; I won't blast him ever.

Baseball is never so "black and white" or cut-and-dried. With this Sox team, other than Sale, and Abreu, you've got tons of grey. Even Quintana has his flaws and warts.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 04:10 AM)
DV is so streaky though... I'd hate to see him go because after his 2012 season, I expected him to break out and become very good

Streaky, but look at his batting average and on base percentage. He's only banged 12 or so homers and he tries to hit it out every single pitch. Not so good a percentage of HRs. Let him go.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 10:10 PM)
DV is so streaky though... I'd hate to see him go because after his 2012 season, I expected him to break out and become very good

That ship has sailed trade him.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:10 PM)

Trading him now wouldn't accomplish anything.

Might as well see how he does the last two months and maybe his value will come up a bit again in the off-season if the right trades comes across Hahn's desk. Otherwise, he's a nice insurance policy to have.

If they're just going to dump someone, it should be Dunn...so we can see how Wilkins would do with everyday playing time at least against RHP and maybe some selected lefties as well.

Seeing how well he does against LHP has more marginal utility than letting Konerko walk off the stage to fanfare.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 10:05 PM)
Royals doing what they do to the Sox in the Cell. Maul them. Can we somehow win the series tomorrow with Shields going?

We got jose no run support quintana vs big game james shields so I doubt we win

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
Yes, it's a 1:10 start. It is also my birthday and I will be in attendance. Not that anyone cares. Let's hope for better results tomorrow.

Well have fun, hopefully Q's start isn't like his last home start vs KC...

Yes, it's a 1:10 start. It is also my birthday and I will be in attendance. Not that anyone cares. Let's hope for better results tomorrow.

I be there too hopefully a birthday win for u

jose abreu be back tomorrow

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 04:19 AM)
Viciedo 5-46 at exactly the wrong time

It's hard to go five for 46. He can't hit a good pitcher. That's the bottom line. He can hit some of the hacks out there once in a while.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 10:21 PM)
It's hard to go five for 46. He can't hit a good pitcher. That's the bottom line. He can hit some of the hacks out there once in a while.

How many them 5 hits was hanging curve ball