Carlos Rodon prospect watch

Feeky Magee

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 12:46 PM)
"I'm disappointed that he didn't come up for the last month," Cooper told MLB.com... "Again I wish it could have started now, but for whatever reason, it didn't. We'll see him in Spring Training."

This doesn't exactly thrill me. Why isn't Coop calling the shots here?

Odd, considering I just saw Rodon sitting next to Semien at the game today.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
This

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 01:58 PM)
Odd, considering I just saw Rodon sitting next to Semien at the game today.

Well that's what I was getting at. They could find a way to get him working with Coop, without starting his clock. Couldn't they?

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
Well that's what I was getting at. They could find a way to get him working with Coop, without starting his clock.

He's at the game which is a contradiction to the report that he's not with the team. It's just odd. Only logic I can think of is he's here for just this series or something.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
I am surprised Coop wouldn't be the one calling that shots. I'm extremely dissapointed at this.

I trust Hahn to make the right choices from a business point of view. Maybe Hahn wants Rodon to be shut down for a few months, including side sessions.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
I am surprised Coop wouldn't be the one calling that shots. I'm extremely dissapointed at this.

Do you really think Renteria wouldn't want Bryant up getting comfortable at the major league level and determining where here his ultimate position should be defensively?

Of course, every pitching coach, hitting coach and manager's going to want the best players up with the major league team....but business is always going to come ahead of all other priorities.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)
Do you really think Renteria wouldn't want Bryant up getting comfortable at the major league level and determining where here his ultimate position should be defensively?

Of course, every pitching coach, hitting coach and manager's going to want the best players up with the major league team....but business is always going to come ahead of all other priorities.

Renteria, Bryant and the cubs have what to do with this? You do know about the cubs catch all thread don't you? Good f***ing grief!

Anyway. Cooper has no say in this unless he is asked by his bosses Hahn, KW and JR. I'm sure there's perfectly good reasons why the Sox elected not to call up Rodon. Between college and the minors, Rodon has pitched about 124 innings this year as a 21 year old. No sense in pushing a kid that had high pitch counts in college, over used his slider in college and was drafted by a team that is going nowhere in 2014.

Also want to point out that the college baseball season started back in mid February so its already been a long year for Carlos. This does not include the time Carlos spent doing baseball related workouts preparing for the college season.

Patience Sox fans.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 09:06 AM)
I would be perfectly happy not to even have a Cubs' thread. This is a White Sox site, isn't it? Why do we need it?