Sox vs Twins

Kyyle23

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 02:02 AM)
How come they don't serve good burgers at ballparks?

Surely there's a grill at the Cell with great burgers, right? The Cell has so much food it must have a great grill chef somewhere.

Even though I worship him, I'm OK with the Sox not picking him up. He's so slow that it might be buzzkill with all the double plays. Plus it's been nice to have a catcher able to throw out runners.

I love and worship AJP, but this is acceptable to me.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
He was just commending Dunn for scoring on that Viciedo blooper. I don't think he knew there were 2 outs.

He did the same thing saying how Alexei read it good on Dunn's hit Kind of amazed no one would correct him on that . Doesn't he wear an earpiece with direct access to the production people ?

The end of AJ's career is gonna be so many different teams. He should take good notes and write a couple books about baseball when he finishes. He's going to experience the way a lot of different franchises do things. If he wants to keep playing, he figures to have a few more stops besides St. Looie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 08:28 PM)
The end of AJ's career is gonna be so many different teams. He should take good notes and write a couple books about baseball when he finishes. He's going to experience the way a lot of different franchises do things. If he wants to keep playing, he figures to have a few more stops besides St. Looie.

Not if he keeps hitting the way he did in Boston. His defense isn't exactly stellar, his above average offense for a catcher is what kept him around.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 08:28 PM)
He did the same thing saying how Alexei read it good on Dunn's hit Kind of amazed no one would correct him on that . Doesn't he wear an earpiece with direct access to the production people ?

You would know that more than me. Regardless, Stone should know.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 08:29 PM)
Do you think Quintana watches games like this and just feels sad?

Maybe a little bit. But then he gets back to the hotel, jumps in a huge pile of money on his hotel bed and says "f*** it! They'll score some runs next time"

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 02:30 AM)
Not if he keeps hitting the way he did in Boston. His defense isn't exactly stellar, his above average offense for a catcher is what kept him around.

I woulda been OK with him coming back, but he would have really added to lack of team speed. We still have a lot of slow guys. Adding AJ would have been a really slow guy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
I woulda been OK with him coming back, but he would have really added to lack of team speed. We still have a lot of slow guys. Adding AJ would have been a really slow guy.

I can't imagine Flowers is any quicker than him though. That's who he would have replaced.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 02:30 AM)
Tradeworthy performance by Danks thus far.

If Hahn is telling the truth about the Sox not believing in a 5 year rebuilding process, it would make little sense to trade Danks. Sox will be horrific next year if the starting rotation takes a steep decline. Q, Sale and Danks to go with Rodon is pretty damn impressive on paper. Taking Danks away will really weaken the rotation. So is Hahn lyin or not?