GAME THREAD 7/29: SOX @ DET

cabiness42

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)
I was just thinking about the guy over at Minor League Ball who decided he was bad based on watching him for 15 minutes in the batting cages

People just over analyze and try to be the person that says " see I told you he was going to be bad"

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 08:58 PM)
"Abreu's good but he doesn't hit for average."

He's hitting .299

"He has to walk more"

Why should he walk more with a 299/31/83 power line

"He sucks at fielding"

7th in baseball for 1st base fld%

A+

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
I was just thinking about the guy over at Minor League Ball who decided he was bad based on watching him for 15 minutes in the batting cages

prospectpulse, something or other. Someone should really take him to the woodshed.

With the boys from Deliverance.

I just love all the comments on MLB's facebook page when they post a video of Abreu. Half of them atleast are comments on how he needs to be tested for PEDs and the other half are just condemning with no evidence.

"He has to walk more"

Why should he walk more with a 299/31/83 power line

Well, 40 more walks a year is the difference between being Vlad Guerrero and Frank Thomas. Not that I wouldn't be satisfied with Jose Abreu becoming another Vlad Guerrero, but that doesn't mean that we can't hope for him to become another Frank Thomas.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
I just love all the comments on MLB's facebook page when they post a video of Abreu. Half of them atleast are comments on how he needs to be tested for PEDs and the other half are just condemning with no evidence.

I've noticed that too

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
Well, 40 more walks a year is the difference between being Vlad Guerrero and Frank Thomas. Not that I wouldn't be satisfied with Jose Abreu becoming another Vlad Guerrero, but that doesn't mean that we can't hope for him to become another Frank Thomas.

I think Jose can put up better HR/RBI numbers than Vlad, whose best HR/RBI season was 42/131

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 07:05 PM)

Jealousy is the green monster. And duh idjits players are tested all the time.