Game Thread- Sox @ Tigers 12:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
I'm happy with the lineup as constructed. I'd prefer Dunn behind Abreu and I don't like putting Gillaspie in a position (after Eaton) where he is bound to see more LHP. Where he is, his non-power hits can drive in the runners ahead of him.

I don't understand why Dunn should be 4th.. Gillaspie has a better chance of knocking in Abreu then Dunn IMO.. All I know is Gillaspie should not be batting 6th

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:21 PM)
haha. A huge data point of one AB. Seriously though it was a textbook move. I probably would have removed Danks instead of putting another guy on but it worked out.

LMAO.

Textbook which you referred as awful.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
LMAO.

Textbook which you referred as awful.

Sigh. Please don't take what I said out of f***ing context like you do everything else. It was a throwaway freaking comment mostly based on how John Danks is throwing BP. It's pretty textbook to favor that matchup with a dangerous righty and 1st open.

The way John was pitching my gut said no matter how good the platoon matchup Avila would make him pay.

Well Danks made 3 good pitches and got out of it big f***ing deal either way. Good god man.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
Conor should be hitting second. I don't care if he's left-handed. When you have a guy with a .370 OBP batting 6th and the rest of your lineup sucks, you're doing it wrong.

Beckham protects Conor though. Always cracks me up when I see that. Robin is clueless. He's like the Tyrone Corbin of baseball managing with his lineups.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
Sigh. Please don't take what I said out of f***ing context like you do everything else. It was a throwaway freaking comment mostly based on how John Danks is throwing BP. It's pretty textbook to favor that matchup with a dangerous righty and 1st open.

The way John was pitching my gut said no matter how good the platoon matchup Avila would make him pay.

Well Danks made 3 good pitches and got out of it big f***ing deal either way. Good god man.

You were trying to look smart. Say something is awful and if it blows up, see how smart you are? But if it works, it was a textbook move any manager would make, don't take what I posted out of context. Well I didn't take it out of context.

Awful does not equal textbook.

You were wrong. Just own up to it.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
Leury hitting .186/.222/.246. Meanwhile Rios is wanted by 4 or 5 teams.

D'oh!

It's not like freeing up Rios' salary got us Abreu. Freeing up Peavy's salary did that.

I think the Sox wanted to let Viciedo develop, but that hasn't exactly worked out.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
Leury hitting .186/.222/.246. Meanwhile Rios is wanted by 4 or 5 teams.

Rios is the John Danks of batters. He makes $15 million to be average - and he's been worse than average this year, like Danks.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)
Rios is the John Danks of batters. He makes $15 million to be average - and he's been worse than average this year, like Danks.

Both on pace for 1.4 WAR. Ya don't say.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)

However, Danks makes it for 2 1/2 more years, Rios makes it for the rest of this year and then a buyout.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
However, Danks makes it for 2 1/2 more years, Rios makes it for the rest of this year and then a buyout.

Oh yeah. So he's Adam Dunn.