8/3 Game-thread- Quintana vs. Gibson. 1:10 CSN

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)
Because you have to try to conserve your use of the bullpen from time to time. When Robin yanked guys for walking hitters and giving up runs and the game went 14 innings, it was a fireable offense on here.

He gave you one inning that wasn't exactly a clean inning, you take it and quit pressing your luck with an unproven pitcher.. It doesn't really matter because I am sure whoever came in next would have let up a run

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
Who wants him back next year? Regardless, he is not the problem with our offense.

I could envision a situation where I'd want him back next year. He'd be making less than half of his current salary. He's quite productive in his platoon DH role and he seems to have gotten used to DHing.

No way of knowing what sort of moves will be made in the offseason and I'd say the only locks to be here are

Abreu

Eaton

Garcia

Gillaspie

Ramirez

Strong chance we'll be wanting left handed power (and obp), which is not very plentiful in the league and especially not among next year's free agents.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)
With Dunn's number of ABs, .245 vs .227 is 5 singles. You are going to base your hatred of a player based on 5 singles?

You think I hate Dunn because he is hitting .227 this year?? That is his highest average since being on the White Sox....

It's really not so much that it's a terrible pen as much as there are hardly any guys better than others. Petricka is obviously your best guy and then everyone else is "meh." There's no obvious choice when you need to not give up runs

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
You think I hate Dunn because he is hitting .227 this year?? That is his highest average since being on the White Sox....

And he's hitting .240 against righties. That's closer to what his total would be if Abreu hadn't spent time on the DL.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)

You specifically cited his average and RBIs from this year as evidence he sucks. Now I remember why I stay out of game threads.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
It's really not so much that it's a terrible pen as much as there are hardly any guys better than others. Petricka is obviously your best guy and then everyone else is "meh." There's no obvious choice when you need to not give up runs

How do you figure this isn't a terrible pen?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
What's your beef with Cooper?

I'm waiting for Cooper to develop a pitcher again, as Q was the last person he helped develop into a starter. The Erik Johnson debacle was very disappointing.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)
And he's hitting .240 against righties. That's closer to what his total would be if Abreu hadn't spent time on the DL.

I highly doubt that.... How many lefties did he face in the 15 or so games Abreu was gone?? And even if there was a lefty on the mound that doesn't mean he had to play.. I guess you can blame Robin for his average.......