8/3 Game-thread- Quintana vs. Gibson. 1:10 CSN

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
I think they were counting on Belly to not relive his past....same with Boggs. But that went down pretty much as expected. It was also only a matter of time for Scott Downs.

Hahn knew he was in trouble when he went after Francisco after Cleto.

Todays relievers and how acquired:

Guerra waivers

Beli non tender free agent

Thompson 44th round draft pick

Surkamp waivers

That is ugly.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 05:10 PM)
Out of the major transactions Hahn made this offseason, the players have either been great (Abreu/Eaton) or absolutely, positively awful (Davidson, Belisario, Downs, Paulino)

Plus the fact that 2 of those guys are off the roster already and 1 more after tonight sure wouldnt be surprising just makes you wonder what he was doing.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 05:01 PM)
I highly doubt that.... How many lefties did he face in the 15 or so games Abreu was gone?? And even if there was a lefty on the mound that doesn't mean he had to play.. I guess you can blame Robin for his average.......

He has started 7 games against lefties this year. 4 of them were in those 2 weeks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 05:01 PM)
I'm waiting for Cooper to develop a pitcher again, as Q was the last person he helped develop into a starter. The Erik Johnson debacle was very disappointing.

Something is clearly wrong with Johnson, can't really blame Cooper for that. The rest comes down to a lack of talent. This bullpen is filled with retreads, at least Petricka has developed nicely.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
I think they were counting on Belly to not relive his past....same with Boggs. But that went down pretty much as expected. It was also only a matter of time for Scott Downs.

I just don't see how you could expect it. Belly has had 1 bad year in 4 years total. Downs had been damn good for years now.

Saying you expected those 2 to be DFA bad is a straight up lie.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 11:18 PM)
We're going to have alot of candidates for release this offseason that's for sure.

Be interesting off season to see how they fill out the pitching staff and in particular the pen for 2015

The loony notion that this sox team somehow is a contender should finally be put out to pasture. They've now lost home series to the Twins, Padres and Diamondbacks plus assorted other clear indications that this team is way short.

I just wish it would have happened a week ago; perhaps the Sox might have been willing to do what needed to be done to bring some young talent in here (like selling high on Ramirez).

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
The loony notion that this sox team somehow is a contender should finally be put out to pasture. They've now lost home series to the Twins, Padres and Diamondbacks plus assorted other clear indications that this team is way short.

I just wish it would have happened a week ago; perhaps the Sox might have been willing to do what needed to be done to bring some young talent in here (like selling high on Ramirez).

What was being offered for Ramirez? Let me guess, you have no idea, but the Sox still should have traded him.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 05:18 PM)
I just don't see how you could expect it. Belly has had 1 bad year in 4 years total. Downs had been damn good for years now.

Saying you expected those 2 to be DFA bad is a straight up lie.

Um I didnt say I expected it. I said its not surprising. I love assumptions.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 05:23 PM)
Harold Reynolds would tell you to respect the game. They still have relievers to use don't they?

I would tell Harold most guys do not get fired for sexual harassment. Respect women and the game.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 05:20 PM)
Be interesting off season to see how they fill out the pitching staff and in particular the pen for 2015

I'm interested to see how far spending is going to boosted.