Ferguson Riots

Brian

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)
How have purchases like that sustained itself among all the other cuts of the past 3 years.

That's a good question. Too bad no one questions Obama about it.

Also, f*** Bush for creating that monster to begin with.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)

so it turns out that situation was even worse than it looks in that first photo.

original.jpg

Six heavily armed police officers in tactical gear advancing on a lone, unarmed protester. Three of them have their guns trained directly on him. The tag on the mailbox really completes the scene.

These officers should be stripped of their badges and barred from "serving" the public ever again. If their actions weren't illegal, they should be.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 06:05 PM)
so it turns out that situation was even worse than it looks in that first photo.

original.jpg

Six heavily armed police officers in tactical gear advancing on a lone, unarmed protester. Three of them have their guns trained directly on him. The tag on the mailbox really completes the scene.

These officers should be stripped of their badges and barred from "serving" the public ever again. If their actions weren't illegal, they should be.

That guy should totally be more concerned about black-on black violence.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/living/paren....html?hpt=hp_t1

Conversations about the police between black parents and black sons back to the forefront of national discussion

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missouri-....html?hpt=hp_t1

Police officer who shot brown to be named, protests will be allowed for at least 24 hours, state police toning down rhetoric/combat gear/engaging in dialogue and "smiling"

very good article from nytimes.com about the schism taking place between the center, right and far right on law and order vs. a "police/military state out of control"...with Rand Paul trying to take advantage of the moment

Views Begin to Shift Among Conservative Leaders

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/us/polit...av=lede-package

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
Now that the state police have taken over for the Call of Duty LARPing cops, the atmosphere is completely changed.

Go figure. Just let them do their peaceful protests.

You'll notice the St. Louis city police and county police (the ones who were removed by Gov. Nixon) split on this issue...and city refused to send any of their officers (well, four were sent for traffic control only) as they disagreed with the tactics/strategy of the county police force, which turned out to be absolutely the correct decision but also will cause a rift between the two departments.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
Now that the state police have taken over for the Call of Duty LARPing cops, the atmosphere is completely changed.

Last night still had a shooting, assault, armed robbery, 3 police cars damaged, 3 police officers injured from rocks thrown, a cameraman beat up by a protester.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 08:02 AM)
About to officially release the cops name. We'll see if Anonymous was right.

They werent. Twitter actually suspended their account yesterday for being wrong. Their guy didn't even for for the pd.

Anyways, David Wilson is the guys name. He was responding to a robbery at a convience store.

BvFctLOCcAAJq-w.jpg

Wait a second. I thought he was just an innocent kid minding his business waiting for college to start? (And stop, I'm not justifying shooting an unarmed person with their hands up. If that's what actually happened, the cop should be punished. Just funny how these details are conveniently left out)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
Last night still had a shooting, assault, armed robbery, 3 police cars damaged, 3 police officers injured from rocks thrown, a cameraman beat up by a protester.

how dare you. these are all peaceful protests. it's the police actually doing the looting and stuff. i read it on huffington post or somethin.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
If police brutality (which is more than murder cases) were removed, community trust in police would probably help solve the crime rates.

But, again, if police brutality is wrong, than people can object to it. I think we all agree police brutality is wrong...

but sorry, St. Louis, you can't complain about police brutality and murdering of people until these people who are black in Detroit and Chicago solve their violence problem. Why? Because, they too are black, and so you are also black, and must answer for the violence of the predominantly black neighborhoods. You can't have the dessert of protesting police brutality until you eat your vegetables of solving crime. Want help? Just ask the police? Oh they are harassing you? Perhaps you should solve your communities crime!

I don't plan on posting in this forum as I hate anything politics involved, but I saw this and just had to say I completely disagree with the sentiment and think you are wrong. The kids in those neighborhoods are raised to hate police, police brutality or not. People are strong armed by local gangs to not talk to the police or act as witnesses to crimes. I think you are really undervaluing how much power and influence gangs have on these neighborhoods. There are still plenty of professional athletes who came from areas with strong gang influences who are funneling money back to the gangs not because they want to but because they have to for the safety of them and their families.

To say that police brutality (which is becoming fewer and fewer thanks to dash cams and such) is a major problem with crime, I'd say you are either naive or naturally have a bias against the police.

But I agree, police brutality is wrong. But I hate when people use the actions of a few police officers to represent the whole group. Its no better than people who use the actions of a few black people to judge the whole group.

QUOTE (The Wiz @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
I don't plan on posting in this forum as I hate anything politics involved, but I saw this and just had to say I completely disagree with the sentiment and think you are wrong. The kids in those neighborhoods are raised to hate police, police brutality or not. People are strong armed by local gangs to not talk to the police or act as witnesses to crimes. I think you are really undervaluing how much power and influence gangs have on these neighborhoods. There are still plenty of professional athletes who came from areas with strong gang influences who are funneling money back to the gangs not because they want to but because they have to for the safety of them and their families.

To say that police brutality (which is becoming fewer and fewer thanks to dash cams and such) is a major problem with crime, I'd say you are either naive or naturally have a bias against the police.

But I agree, police brutality is wrong. But I hate when people use the actions of a few police officers to represent the whole group. Its no better than people who use the actions of a few black people to judge the whole group.

Even so, you need to read the forum rules pinned at the top and acknowledge.

QUOTE (The Wiz @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 04:28 PM)

Do you think they are raised to hate the police because of no reason, or for example, they grew up in the neighborhoods where policed tortured suspects to gain false confessions.

There is a strong sentiment in this forum that police officers can be terrible at their jobs and terrorize people because they put their life at risk. I disagree.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 10:51 AM)
Do you think they are raised to hate the police because of no reason, or for example, they grew up in the neighborhoods where policed tortured suspects to gain false confessions.

There is a strong sentiment in this forum that police officers can be terrible at their jobs and terrorize people because they put their life at risk. I disagree.

My computer must be showing a different forum that yours. :huh

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
Wait a second. I thought he was just an innocent kid minding his business waiting for college to start? (And stop, I'm not justifying shooting an unarmed person with their hands up. If that's what actually happened, the cop should be punished. Just funny how these details are conveniently left out)

Probably because if you were alive in high school you probably knew someone that stole cigars from convenience stores and don't believe they should be shot 9 times.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 10:51 AM)

They are raised to hate the police because they are the organization trying to bring down the gangs. Maybe police brutality is used as propaganda for the gangs to turn young boys, but of course gangs want to protect their business by making the people who live in their area either hate the police or scared to talk to them.

And the majority of police are good people. Just like the majority of blacks are good people, and the same goes for every race.

Right now we have the cops saying that he strong armed the convenient store(which looks to be true), assaulted a cop and tried to steal his gun. And we have Brown's friends saying that he surrendered right away. My point is that we still don't have all the details but a lot of people seem to just want to join the "f*** the police" side of things.