8/26 vs Indians

flavum

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 10:11 PM)
Well yea I agree. As a 4th OF I'd take Danks just because he's going to cost about 1/4 of De Aza and he can play CF. But I'm not entirely convinced a better LF than De Aza is needed next year. Team has bigger holes IMO.

Agreed. Which is why I think that 4+ million can be better spread elsewhere.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 10:20 PM)
The only consistent thing about JorDanks hitting is that he's not good. He has significant holes in his swing.

That's kind of what I meant by "more consistent hitter". Danks is fairly consistently below average while De Aza is either hitting .025 for the month or .375 for the month.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 11:23 PM)
That's kind of what I meant by "more consistent hitter". Danks is fairly consistently below average while De Aza is either hitting .025 for the month or .375 for the month.

If you want to play fun with selective endpoints look at Jordan's splits by month:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsplits.aspx?p...amp;season=2014

He vacillates between .98 and .289. It's a silly argument for any player let alone Jordan.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
If you want to play fun with selective endpoints look at Jordan's splits by month:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsplits.aspx?p...amp;season=2014

He vacillates between .98 and .289. It's a silly argument for any player let alone Jordan.

That's because Jordan has had very scattered MLB ABs over 3 seasons. De Aza gets far more playing time.

I wonder if MLB.com would listen if I sent them an email asking them to switch their policy for commercials. How can this help the advertiser? I will not buy Phillips 66 just because of these incessant commercials. They are the same every half inning.

It is like torture, not water torture but ear torture.