Get Out to Support This Team

Dunt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually go to about 5-10 a year but have admittedly been slipping to 1-2 games the last two years. Hopefully I'll pick that number back up this year. I'm going to one for sure with coworkers (go to one every year with them as a tradition) so hopefully more to come.

QUOTE (Whitey @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
Last Sunday, I got the full season plan... Its going to take up all of my overtime money for the next 4 months to pay for them, but I don't mind.

My kids are getting older, and looking back I wish I did was more things like going to the ballpark with them. So, the time is now for me. Works out perfect that the time is now for the Sox as well.

Awesome! What kinda seats did you get? Who's your rep?

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
so pick 7 game plans go on sale tuesday for non season ticket holders, gonna have to pick one up, will probaly get rid of a crosstown ticket if i get one, to much douchbaggery goes on at those games.

You can get Opening Day on the 7 game plan. You do NOT need to get a cubs/sox game.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)
I'll probably buy the pick 7. What seats do you guys normally get for those?
I typically get the upper corners, as you get 7 games for $55(assuming you buy all Sundays to go with OD or the cubs game). The tix allow you in the lower deck( they say on the ticket LOWER LEVEL ACCESS), and if you flip the opener or the cubs game, you can probably go to 6 games for free then.

Nice little bonus is that the 7 and 14 plan holders get access to the Grinder Bash season ticket holder party.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
Haven't been to games in awhile. But will for sure this year, gotta love that the moves

I don't want to buy a plan, schedule is too erratic. How do guys get decent deals on spur of the moment tix?

Stubhub typically has deals, or you can google "white sox ticket codes".

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 10:11 AM)
I've always maintained the deep down, when both teams are good, Chicago is a baseball town at heart. There's something about the intracity rivalry and the 'come out to play' dynamic when the weather improves. Especially now with the Bears being a dumpster fire.

I agree. 2008 was exciting because both clubs were contenders. While the Sox attendance declined from 2007's levels, that was mostly from season ticket holders dropping off after a bad season. The 2008 walk-up was very strong.

When they're contending, I get to about 7-10 games/year. When they're not, it's more like 2-3. I just can't reason getting some sort of package and locking myself into dates when I know that I can get a good deal the day before a game if I want to go.

Full season renewed. We've been season holders since 2004. Still front row UD, above home plate, 3B side.

Our group usually sells about half our tickets, some on Stub Hub and others to friends (face value for those). We try to break even on the games we don't go to. Usually we do, but the last few seasons we have been short about $50-$100 per seat (our discount on the games we go to offsets that though). I'm thinking this year we'll break even easily.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
Do I get to say I'm a season ticket holder, what's the % I should buy in for. I want to really use it against people in arguments.

For sure. Nothing better than when someone reading their ticket comes up and says "I think you are in my seat." Then you can just give them the look and say "No, I don't think so, these are my season tickets."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
For sure. Nothing better than when someone reading their ticket comes up and says "I think you are in my seat." Then you can just give them the look and say "No, I don't think so, these are my season tickets."

This is going to be awesome. I can't wait for my custom "Season Ticket Holder 01" to come in.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
Full season renewed. We've been season holders since 2004. Still front row UD, above home plate, 3B side.

Our group usually sells about half our tickets, some on Stub Hub and others to friends (face value for those). We try to break even on the games we don't go to. Usually we do, but the last few seasons we have been short about $50-$100 per seat (our discount on the games we go to offsets that though). I'm thinking this year we'll break even easily.

does JR still have his parties for season ticket holders?

it was great, i met a really young celebrity, he was nervous about how he would

do. his name is Pat Foley.