2015 Catch-All thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We broke ground on a 4-6 month home addition project in mid October. Finally got far enough in late April that we had to move into my parents house. As the calendar turns to August, still haven't moved back in. And did I mention that my wife is due to deliver baby #2 in 33 days? Zero stress in my life at the moment. :D

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
We broke ground on a 4-6 month home addition project in mid October. Finally got far enough in late April that we had to move into my parents house. As the calendar turns to August, still haven't moved back in. And did I mention that my wife is due to deliver baby #2 in 33 days? Zero stress in my life at the moment. :D

I feel your pain.

I was going through my wife's pregnancy and trying to move my parents from Chicago to Vegas. Found them a house in May, moved them in June. Drove with my dad and 4 dogs and 1 cat from Chicago to Vegas. Arrived the night the Hawks won the Cup. Baby came less than a week later.

You'll get through it...just take it one thing at a time.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)

You'll have to share your remodel story once it's all complete (and life is a little less hectic with a newborn). We live in a ranch and want to add a 2nd story and an addition off the back as the family grows. Probably in the next couple of years.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
Secondary shoes? Gross.

LOL, I mean the shoe brokers who buy out the newly released shoes for those who maybe take your post seriously. Nike released this awesome collegiate trainers today and they were gone from every site and up on ebay at double the price within 30 min.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 07:13 AM)
I hope everybody filled up their gas tanks yesterday.

I did, and then I took the discounted car wash, and then the spinning f***ing brushes dented the s*** out of my hood. Some kind of weird Karma I guess.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 08:57 AM)
Big time refinery outage at Whiting. Could last up to a month. It literally came the exact same day news reports of gas going under $2 soon were happening.

Some stations went up to almost 4 bucks yesterday, some stayed under 3, its a weird situation.

Looks like its 80 percent motorcycle riding from now on for awhile.

Over across the river everything instantly shot up to 2.99 (from 2.49-2.59) overnight. Here places are still showing 2.49-2.59. I only have 80 miles on my car since my last fillup but if prices haven't jumped by the time I'm out for lunch I'm going to top off.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 07:29 AM)
Over across the river everything instantly shot up to 2.99 (from 2.49-2.59) overnight. Here places are still showing 2.49-2.59. I only have 80 miles on my car since my last fillup but if prices haven't jumped by the time I'm out for lunch I'm going to top off.

Booo Hooo...gas out here has been tailspinning down and I just paid 3.39. Uggh stupid California. ;)

Seriously...gas at 2.50, I can only dream.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
Booo Hooo...gas out here has been tailspinning down and I just paid 3.39. Uggh stupid California. ;)

Seriously...gas at 2.50, I can only dream.

The spike was what got everyone. I paid $2.28 Tuesday morning. TUE afternoon prices spiked to $2.59. By Wed afternoon prices were $3.19 in my home town, and $3.39 where I work. Then by the evening they had dropped back to $2.99 and $3.09 respectively.

I honestly can't remember any other time since 9/11 when prices moved THAT much THAT quick.

2.28 Mike...oh man, I'm even sadder now. Can one of you guys bring me out a big gas truck at those prices and park it in an abandoned lot so I can use it as my own personal pump. I swear, in Cali, every 3 months a refinery blows up or is shut down and prices immediately skyrocket 50 cents and then take ages to come back down. I am convinced it is people just milking the whole process. Whole reason oil was ever as high as it was had more to do with the hedge fun money / speculators than anything else, imo.